View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #24
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Re: 97 blazer wont start

Quote:
Originally Posted by agcneo
i just swapped my motor into my blazer, its the same 4.3 vortec. everything is connected, and we set the timing, or so we thought and tried cranking the motor over. it sparks here and there, turns over smothly, then stops all of a sudden, then jerks around a little bit, then continues turnin smothly. and that sequence is completely random. we thought we had it 180 off, so we corrected it, and it still just wont fire up. u can hear it combust, suck air in, back fire, everything but just start. all new wires, plugs.. rotor and cap is maybe 4 months old. i dont think im missing a sensor connection, that i know of. is there any connection that would prevent the motor from starting. the motor also sounds awful when it tries starting, nothing like it did with the old motor, almost like a smoker coughing. im gettin quite frusterated with this blazer, almost ready to give up. any help please?!
When you get it the engine TDC compression stroke point the dist rotor as shown in this picture.
http://files.automotiveforums.com/ga...hp?photo=51302
If you try to point it to no one plug wire where it comes out of the cap it does not come out.
Crazy caps crossover every which way before the fire goes out of the top.
After you get it running you will need to set the camshaft retard setting with a scanner.