View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #11
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: Slot drilled rotors on street cars ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_omni
they do not wear out the pads faster, whoever told you this was misleading you or just plain lying to you

the reason they are used is because they allow the gases that build up from repeated stops an escape, otherwise they gases would coat the rotors and the pads wont work as well. almost like grooves in a tire to prevent hydroplaning. now if you believe that grroves in the tire wear out the tire quicker try not slicks in the rain or snow, PLEASE, i dare you, then come and tell me, i'm sure the difference would be LIFE altering

the reason the pads seem to wear out faster is because the pads have a better bite to the rotor. that extra bite is because, its gripping straight rotors and not a combo rotor/gases

oh by the way, dlon't try slicks in the rain and especially not in the snow, trust me on this one
completely different situations. slicks wear fast because of their compound. a slick with the same exact compound as an M+S tire would be too slippery even on dry pavement, but if driven the same, would last longer. plus my other point was proven also.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote