View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
94StealthTT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 94StealthTT
Re: 1999 Dodge Avenger es

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rad321
i recently purchased a 99 avenger es with AT and am interested in turbocharging it. Any recommendations on turbo kits my transmission can handle?
If it is a V6 I would check with ExileRacing.com they have turbo kits specially designed and tested for the V6. They also have transmission upgrades which I would recommend because the A604 tranny sucks, I know from $1800 worth of experience. However, if you have the 4 cylinder HAHN has turbokits or just check on ebay because they are pretty cheap on there. The eclipse non turbo 420A, 2 liter, 4 cylinder engine is the same as in the avengers and sebrings so you could also use a turbo kit for those too. Supercharger kits are available for stratus R/T and newer eclipse V6 from Rippmods also but require some modications to fit the 2.5L V6 the Avenger has. The Stratus R/T has a 3.0L version of the SOHC 2.5L used in the Avenger/Sebring. But my choice would be turbocharging