View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #20
wrparks
AF Regular

Re: 2000 SL2 misfire

Well I've come across a mystery hose connector. I made an appointment to have the compression checked monday, but thought I would go ahead and get some cleaner and clean the throttle body and check for a vacuum leak. So, I cleaned the throttle body (which by the way was extremely dirty). After that, I reassembled the air ducts, and went around the engine spraying the throttle body cleaner listening for a difference in the sound. I found a spot where the engine would rev a bit if sprayed and looked expecting to find a bad hose. Instead, I found what looks to be a connector where a hose should be, but is not. Facing the engine from the front of the car, the connector is on the side of the motor almost directly behind the spark plug for cylinder 1, but is just slightly to the right of there. It is under and to the right of the support bracket for the power steering fluid reservoir. What the devil is that connector for, because try as I might, I cannot find another connector for a hose anywhere and can't seem to find the right place in the haynes manual to find it.
wrparks is offline   Reply With Quote