Thread: Amanti
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 10:28 PM   #10
clintondee
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Amanti

for all you other diy mechanics dont use aftermarket oil filters on your Amanti. It really wasn't a leak issue because the filter didnt leak it was more of a flow issue. I used a total grip filter from parts america on my '05 amanti 3.5. It didnt look like the original hyundai filter but it matched up and was the correct cross reference filter. After i installed the filter for some strange reason the car became very sluggish and heavy feeling. I dont know why? But my wife mentioned that the car was running funny and slow. It almost felt as if a brake was on. I drove the car and it seemed different to me also. I went to the dealer and picked up a filter for around 6 bucks and took off the total grip filter and installed a new hyundai filter. Upon a quick test drive the car once again felt normal and have more power and no sluggish feeling. So even though i didn't think the original equip. would make a difference It did. You also have to buy gaskets for the oil plug. I didnt use a new one for the first oil change and it seems fine but i will use a new one next oil change. Using the gaskets and factory oil filter only is a bit of a pain but you do need to do it.
clintondee is offline   Reply With Quote