View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 09:34 AM   #101
Lt_Dusty
AF Newbie

Angry

Hello to all. I'm new to this site, and have been searching for a cure for the clunk I've felt in the passenger floorboard (on take off, and generally right hand turns), on our 96 Blazer 4x4, for nearly a year. Ball joints, sway bar bushings, idler arm, messing around with the torsion bar mounts, and even the 7 dollar spring washers, with no fix. Although they were in need of replacing anyways. I read a suggestion (i thought was from this thread, but I cant find the post), about re-torqueing the upper A arm bolts. I had been told by numerous suspension experts, the A-arm bushings were fine. Well it seems over time the rubber from the bushings tends to shrink, allowing the a-arm to move back and forth just enough to make a clunk. I loosened the a-arm bolts allowing a little seperation, and hosed it down with white lithium grease, then re-torqued to specs. It not only cured that clunk, but another that I would sometimes get hitting pot holes, or going over rough pavement. Anyways, i thought I would post this for the people that haven't found their cause. Maybe it will save someone a couple hundred bucks.

Dusty
Lt_Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote