View Single Post
Old 06-28-2001, 12:59 PM   #15
Synchro
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Synchro Send a message via Yahoo to Synchro
Quote:
Originally posted by warmonger

Oww, I detect a note of hostility here! How would you like to be from Florida? Here the 2WD X's out number the 4WD X's at least 4 to 1.

But I also want everyone to keep one important thing in mind, how one modifies their X is directly determined by how they spend their time off-road.

Synchro, you guys are probably the best example. Here in Florida, we have no rocks. Therefore if you add skid plates, it traps mud and causes engine component overheating if not cleaned. A worst case scenario in Florida would be log crawling, not rock crawling. Also a low geared transfer case in Florida would only get you in trouble. Our two off-roading enviroments (mud and sand) both require hp and wheel speed/flotation. A 3.86/1 transfer case low range would not be suitable in those kinds of conditions.

Everybody has their own way of building trucks, some want them to suit a purpose and some just want looks. Although my truck looks stock at the moment, that will all end very shortly as I enter the next three phases of my build-up. But rock crawling for me is something I night do once a year at best, so my build-up has concentrated on those items for my most oft traveled off-road applications. I just wish we wouldn't bash those we disagree with. I may not agree with what somebody does to their truck, but it is their truck and they are welcome to do what they see fit. Whether it works or not is their problem, kno' whut I mean?

no questions asked you are correct. but what does this have to do with anything?? i was talking about one certain person who does not live in florida, not simple "anyone who fits any of the things i said." it is one person who meets all those and i am refering to. and this person started out by asking Vikram tons of questions and talking about outfitting his X like a poseur boy and trash talking and has continued down that track by becomeing further annoying than when he first started. so i state again, what does the way anyone builds out there truck no matter where they are from have to do with that one person and their stupidity??

and the first part about the carpets, stickers and pics in the driveway was making fun of many XOC folks.
Synchro is offline   Reply With Quote