Thread: Rotary Engines
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2002, 06:03 PM   #9
rotaron
AF Newbie

Smile rotary

Yes rotarys are different but you have got to admit that they do make unbelievable horse power for such a small capacity engine.

I have have had a few rotarys, i have pumped lots of money into all my cars. I have even been circuit racing my RX-3 for quite a few years as well.
I think the best thing about the rotary engine is the physical size of the motor. (basically a 4 gallon drum for a 2 rota) and there light weight.

They are a cheap form of horse power for what they are. (dont get me wrong all forms of motor sport are expensive but the rotary is still resonable for the power to money spent ratio).

You cant really relate to the problems of the old rotary engines where the APEX seals and water seals used to shit them selves before 20000 miles.
Mazda has pumped a lot of money into making the rotary a very reliable car, and has proven that by win lots of prestigious awards like the LE MANs race where they killed the porches, jags and other proto types and then after that victory they band them.

I have the respect for all types of motors but i think you cant go past a ROTA
:flash: