View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 05:44 PM   #34
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Re: Re: 02 WRX vs 04 SRT-4 vs 05 MUSTANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHighOutput
Alright, my recommendation of the choices given is the SRT-4 for your needs. I personally think that you should go for an SVT Focus, unless you are only concerned with straight line performance. If you are going to street race the WRX is horrible from a dead stop unless you want to put a new clutch in every 6 weeks because you have to launch it at such high rpms. The SRT-4 is better than the WRX in a straight line, and the Mustang GT is better yet. If by racing you mean autoX or the like then the Mustang is ok, and really niether of the other cars are all that great in the handling department due to their front weight bias. So if all you want is straight line performance go with the Stang or SRT-4, if you want a great car for twisties or the track I would go with an SVT Focus.
true stock for stock the SVT focus outhandles the SRT4 however that is just because they slaped on so-so suspension parts stock on the srt4. They did that probably to keep the price as low as posible plus to sell their mopar suspension kits.

And its far easier to swap a suspension than to raise power levels of the the svt focus to the srt4's level. Reliably that is.

Bottom line the srt4 proved itself on enough events that require serious handling to prove that the "srt4 is good only for straight lines" myth is just that a myth.

Some examples:

the srt4 won 8th overall in the one lap in 2003:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=6

it also demolished the group 5 scca Rally

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote