View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
kezel
AF Newbie

Question Help! Corsica cold brake clunking, grabbing

Having brake problems that are getting worse, not sure if it's a single problem or multiple problems. Started with ABS light coming on after driving a short distance, then started hearing a clunking noise when braking when the car had just been started. Now, in addition to the ABS light and clunking noise, sometimes (still when cold) just as the car is about to come to a stop during braking, the brakes suddenly grab and the car jolts to a halt. After the car warms up, the only problem is the ABS light remains on. Also, as far as I can tell, the ABS action doesn't work.

Here's what's been tried: front and back brake shoes replaced, then had diagnostic code pulled from computer, which indicated a problem with one of the front rotors. That rotor was replaced, with no improvement. Brake system has also been bled. I'm not sure if the symptoms that appeared later (clunking/grabbing) could have been caused by a mistake being made in attempts to fix the original ABS problems.

I'm no expert mechanic, but to save money I'd like to try to fix this myself. Any help would be appreciated.
kezel is offline   Reply With Quote