View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 10:25 PM   #3
homebody315
AF Newbie

I'll buy the idea that GM does things they don't tell you about. My problem with the service dept. was that they didn't know about the "program mode" function in the first place, and didn't call to find out during the three weeks between my first trip to get it to work and the second. They said as soon as they gave GM our VIN, they were told, no, that car doesn't have it. Took five minutes. It would have saved a lot of time and aggravation if they would have made the call the first time I was there. I don't mind them not knowing something - no one expects people to know EVERY single gadget or feature on today's cars. But I respect someone more who is willing to admit they don't know something, and is willing to ASK for help when it's needed. Does GM get that uptight about it if someone from one of the dealer service departments calls to ask a simple question?

Again, the "program mode" was NOT an option, the way the manual read. It was a basic function and the ONLY way to change the delayed shut-off time on the automatic headlights. My gripe is that if they (GM) decided to drop the program mode they could have at least put a dial or something on the headlight switch so you (I) could shorten the time they stay on after shutting the car off. There isn't even a way to take the headlights OFF automatic, and turn them on and off manually. It's either auto, parking, or headlights. That doesn't seem odd?
homebody315 is offline   Reply With Quote