What do you think about this article?

Veetec
04-23-2003, 05:30 AM
What do you think about the following article (especially the part with the Accel DFI and the MSD 6AL ignition box): http://www.turboclutch.com/voodoo.htm

Does that really work and if yes, does it work with every Honda?? I always thought that aftermarket ignition parts do nothing on a nearly stock engine (only i/ h / e....and NOS)!? Or do I miss an important part there??

civickiller
04-23-2003, 05:55 AM
well its not really just a msd ignition. its pretty much the accell dfi that does all the work. cause its the dfi taht changes the ignition and fuel. the msd itself doesnt really do anything, but the accel and msd combo, you might see mroe out of an msd, plus what the accel gives u in hp. that sounds about right

Veetec
04-23-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by civickiller
well its not really just a msd ignition. its pretty much the accell dfi that does all the work. cause its the dfi taht changes the ignition and fuel. the msd itself doesnt really do anything, but the accel and msd combo, you might see mroe out of an msd, plus what the accel gives u in hp. that sounds about right I know that but does it make any sense to change the ignition and fuel curve on a car with only some bolt-ons?? To me itīs more or less the same like a chip and like we all know a chip doesnīt do much for a stock Honda-engine. Or am I wrong?

civickiller
04-23-2003, 06:57 AM
yeah thats true a chip doesnt really add much power. but dont forget, there not adding peak hp or peak torque, there adding low end torque, so it wont really even affect the peak power. it just adds low end torque. like in an issue of scc, tehy had a civic with bolt ons and they put on a hondata ecu, they got like 6 peak hp, and alot of low end torque. so yeah just because it doesnt add peak power, doesnt mean it didnt add alot of low end torque

88_SC_CRX_Si
04-23-2003, 09:19 AM
You really don't need any bolt on ignition parts for a Honda. Unless you are going to be boosting some high psi, or going ALL MOTOR with a really high C/R. A well maintained OEM system should be kicking out around 40K volts. Soooo, your just really adding "eye candy", rather then a performance upgrade. Peeps that have noticed a differance, "probably" had some part starting fail in one way are another, wheather it was a coil, igniter, ect...

After getting the supercharger installed, I too was going to add the above mentioned ignition part(s). However I was told to save my $$$$ and spend it on other things, that would actully increase the performance...

"Noth'in like Induction... ;)

Veetec
04-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by 88_SC_CRX_Si
You really don't need any bolt on ignition parts for a Honda. Unless you are going to be boosting some high psi, or going ALL MOTOR with a really high C/R. A well maintained OEM system should be kicking out around 40K volts. Soooo, your just really adding "eye candy", rather then a performance upgrade. Peeps that have noticed a differance, "probably" had some part starting fail in one way are another, wheather it was a coil, igniter, ect...

After getting the supercharger installed, I too was going to add the above mentioned ignition part(s). However I was told to save my $$$$ and spend it on other things, that would actully increase the performance...

"Noth'in like Induction... ;) But like civickiller already mentioned itīs not really just a MSD ignition but also a piggyback system (Accel DFI) and these guys donīt seem to think as an "eye candy" about it! However, I donīt know what to think about it....Normally Iīd say your right!

Anybody heard anything about this part?? http://www.ignitionsolutions.com/products/booster.shtml
:D

(Iīm just asking out of interest and itīs not like I want to get one of these parts! ;) )

94tegRS
04-26-2003, 04:04 PM
so what exactly gave it more torque? I know that the computer helped with controlling the engoine when he was sprayingt, but for the time they stepped on it in fifth goiong 50, and it did accelerate. what did they do for that?

civickiller
04-26-2003, 05:49 PM
the computer changed the timing and gave it mroe fuel, and the msd made sure all the fuel going into the chamber was combusted, more fuel getting combusted means more power which is torque

94tegRS
04-29-2003, 01:09 AM
thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!