Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fuel injectors

maxspeedhonda
04-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Alright, I have been putting this off forever but now it needs to be done. The fuel injectors that came with the turbo kit was for a usdm motor and mine is jdm. I have already tried to install them once and the car runs like shit. I was told that the ecu's read different injector impendence which would cause the problem. I heard of resistors being used to make this work. Anyone have any experience with this and could tell me what I need to do.

gsrswapdcivic
05-03-2003, 09:54 AM
If you have an OBD-I car you need the inj. that match. obd-I uses saturated inj. and 88-91 uses peak and hold im not to sure about 96 and up ive herd they are also peak and hold but higher impedance that the 88-91 so just make sure you have the matching inj. for your car

EG: i have a JDM gsr swap and am using RC inj. they are saturated and the model # is somthing like sla-310cc

you can email anyquestions to tec at www.rceng.com the can answer any questions and even non-rc related, they helped me alot when i did my fuel system

maxspeedhonda
05-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Yeah I already took care of it. All I needed was an si resistor box. Got it from an engine swap place for $50 (it looks like a small heatsink). You just wire to a power source and then from the box to the 12v on the injectors. Mine are also RC but they came in a greddy kit for a 99-00 si.

Add your comment to this topic!