1986 Camaro starter replacement

ClearDark
04-22-2003, 07:37 AM
Hi

the starter is dead.

I need to get the old one off and use it as a core charge.

Anyone got any diagrams or instructions on how to take the old one off, and pout the new one on?

v10_viper
04-23-2003, 07:06 PM
I had to replace a starter once, it was easy but in a way kind of a bitch. Your exhaust might be in the way but someone that actually knows about it could tell you. Otherwise, they're pretty easy.;)

Black_97'Z
04-24-2003, 09:17 AM
If you are going to be doing a majority of the work on your car I suggest you go to the Chevy dealer and buy the GM Tech book for your car. It cost more then the ones you get in AutoZone and such, but are well worth the price. They go into much more detail, and dont have mistakes in them like alot of the other tech manuials out there.

Ricky87-Z
04-30-2003, 01:07 AM
I just pulled my 350 and i took the starter off first. From what i remember there was 1-3 bolts that held it in ...safely jack your car up on stands...then reach up and find the bolts hold it with one hand on your last bolt and take out...it wont fall out but will drop some. Im not a very handy guy with cars but i try...u have to work it back in forth at an angle i belive it goes out the back at almost 90 degreess...it will be obvious what side it goes out.....just loosen the bolts and the couple wires running to it which are tricky..one is like a 10mm ground wire...just feel around...good luck took me about 15 mins to do.

ricky

Add your comment to this topic!