axle problems...

maxspeedhonda
04-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Ok, this is my problem... Last time I took out my tranny to replace the clutch, I couldn't completly remove one of the axles, so I just took out the joint. Well I knew the time would come when I have to replace the axles which is now. So now I have the same situation. On the passenger side axle, I can't get the end of the axle out of the transaxle. We even had a pry bar in there and it won't budge. It seems like there is something holding it in. So I was wondering if there is any sort of trick to this I dont know about or is it just jammed. Any suggestions??

civickiller
04-22-2003, 06:38 PM
ok so u can get it out of the hub but u cant get it out of the tranny is that right ? well when i take mine axles out, i just put a screwdriver all the way down and just pull on it, and it should come out. now u said u couldnt do that. so i cant really help, but i just wanted to say that, thats how i do it and it comes out. use more force

maxspeedhonda
04-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Yep that is what I am saying. I had a prybar in there and it won't budge. It's kinda one of those things that I am a little hesitant to force. Anyone else ever heard of anything that can help me?

jcrx
04-24-2003, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't really worry about forcing it out,there is nothing but the clip at the end and the splines,so besides the clip,if you aren't going to use the axles again your pretty safe.

zippeay
04-25-2003, 09:01 PM
I had the same problem with one of my axles you just have to turn it and wiggle it sometimes the spring clip just gets stuck in wierd places. I tried for like 2 hours to get it off prying on it and everthing and my friend stopped by and he pulled it off in like 20 sec, I was so pissed but sometimes you just get lucky, good luck

Add your comment to this topic!