Was throwing just code 22. Now, 22 is gone and it's CEL code 21, Why?

Hybrid93Hatch
04-21-2003, 07:26 AM
I have no idea what is going on with my Hybrid. The other day the diagnostic threw code 22 VTEC Oil Pressure Switch defective circuit or unplugged / defective oil pressure switch and I just checked it again this morning and now it's code 21 (VTEC Solenoid Valve defective circuit or unplugged / defective solenoid valve)
I'm going to check the wiring back to the shock tower and ECU and also the connection at the vtec solenoid...

Just have no idea why it would go from one code to the other. I did remove the vtec oil pressure harness the other day and plugged it back in. Maybe it was not on correctly and that is the problem with the solenoid valve

Be back in a minute......

Back ---> Checked the connections and everything looks good. Maybe time to take the car in to a shop :-(

93 Civic Cx
98 GSR motor (usdm)

motomanred
06-29-2004, 09:36 PM
did you ever find the problem, i have the same trouble, thanks, jason

Hybrid93Hatch
06-29-2004, 10:16 PM
did you ever find the problem, i have the same trouble, thanks, jason

Ended up being a loose wire at the ECU.

RPMtuner
07-02-2004, 03:23 AM
how do you have your wires hooked up to your ecu if the wires are just stuffed in there that may be your problem. call a honda recking yard and buy some ecu pinnouts or a piece of a wiring harness. they will lock in to your plug and will make a good connection. you can also get pinnouts from the dealer

motomanred
07-02-2004, 06:03 AM
i took a couple wires out on another harness i have that goes to the ecu of a scrap 92 ex. they fit great and i checked about 5 times to verify they are in the correct holes in the ecu connector, i checked continuity all the wat thru with an ohmmeter. i'm getting 12v out all the way to the solenoid at 5500 rpm but if i keep the revs there for more than about 3 seconds i throw a code 22 and the vtec gets disabled of course because of the cel. i'm thinking it's either the sensor for the oil pressure or the gasket maybe. i have a good amount of oit in the motor, it's about half to 3/4 between the marks on the dipstick, this is frustrating!

Hybrid93Hatch
07-02-2004, 06:08 AM
how do you have your wires hooked up to your ecu if the wires are just stuffed in there that may be your problem. call a honda recking yard and buy some ecu pinnouts or a piece of a wiring harness. they will lock in to your plug and will make a good connection. you can also get pinnouts from the dealer

I am using ECU pins as well.

Add your comment to this topic!