Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

P10 Oil Pressure Switch Upgrade Info - A must read!

NismoPC
10-29-2001, 04:51 PM
Ever wonder where that freakin' oil leak is coming from?

Never found it!

Probably your Oil Pressure Switch. It is located above the starter right above the oil pan towards the passenger wheel well. You have to get way up in there to see it. Looks like the top of an O2 Sensor.

If you have not replaced your oil pressure switch on your P10 and are experiencing the above symptom, make sure you buy the newest Oil Pressure Switch to replace it.

The old Nissan Part#'s are:

25240-89920 or 25240-89915

And are the same in the SE-R's, NX2000's, 200SX SE-R's, etc.

The alternate upgraded Nissan part # is 25240-89960.

I spoke to the local parts guy at a Nissan dealership when I purchased mine and asked if this is a common part that they go through/replace. He stated that it was and that Nissan had made the newer one stronger to withstand the common leaks. He stated the replacement rate has dropped significantly since the newer one was released.

NOTE: I do not know the date when Nissan began to offer the newer part, so this might also be a common problem with the P11 as well.

I will try to post pictures of the actual location of the switch, the old switch and the new when I replace mine this weekend.

P10DET
10-29-2001, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by NismoPC I will try to post pictures of the actual location of the switch, the old switch and the new when I replace mine this weekend. [/B]

There are several photos of the location on my website in the Beast articles.

AWD Primera
10-29-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by P10DET

There are several photos of the location on my website in the Beast articles. Sorry for my ignorance but what is the address of your website?:confused:

NismoPC
10-29-2001, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by AWD Primera
Sorry for my ignorance but what is the address of your website?:confused:

Click on the link at the bottom of his post that says Homepage :D

or just go to:

http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/

Hey George. I just looked around at the SE-R link and the G20 link and could not find a shot of the oil pressure switch. I saw a shot of the sending unit, but that was it. Did I overlook a pic or two?

:confused:

Add your comment to this topic!