Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

:OFFICIAL: Old-Timers contest.

mentel
04-20-2003, 08:30 PM
This contest is for anyone 20 years of age or older, a non-teen contest. By non teen, I mean it as someone who does not have ''teen" at the end of their age.

Here are rules and regulations.

1- Must be 20+ to enter.
2- Can enter one model, post as many pics as you want, but pick one picture you like the best to enter.
3- Models must not be prebuilt. You must choose a kit to build for this contest. 2 months is alot of time to buy one and make it.
4- When entering your model car, you must do these following things.
a) Take progress pictures of your model car with a news paper beside it signifying the date - this is done to prove that you are in fact, building a kit at that exact moment, and it's not a build up of a previous kit.
b) Ensure you have progress pictures. I expect at least 1 progress report per week, meaning you should have 6 or more progress reports to send.
5- When the due date is up for turning in your model, you must email me one picture that you find the best to judge your model by. If you want you can make a collage if you want. I do not care what size you send me the pictures, but they will be re-sized to 800x600.
6- There are no prizes as of yet, I don't know if anybody will want to donate something as a prize? Totally up to the people.

Voting.

Voting shall go as follows.
There will be 4 categories to enter your model in, and 5 places to finish in.
Category 1 - Street Cars; This implies to street legal models, cars that you could drive in real life, legally on the street.
Category 2 - Tuner/Track cars; This means that if you enter a car that is built to race the drag strip it will be entered into this category.
Category 3 - Rally Cars; any car that is entered which is destined to be a rally car, will be placed into this category for judging.
Category 4 - Race cars; F1, Indy, Nascar. Any entry that is sent that is for road/oval track racing, will be placed into this category.

Now, that leaves 4 spots for finishing. We have one left. Each winner of each category will face off with eachother to win Grand 1st place. i.e: The Big Mama Cahuna Winner.

Voting for the 4 categories will go for 2 weeks, the 4 finalists from the 4 categories will then be placed up for the Finals against one another, and voting for that will take one week to go out.

Please send progress reports to david@photo-chop.com .

voting will be done by Private messages. It will be posted AF-Wide, meaning every forum should be able to see the thread. In order to vote, you must be registered one week before the first round of voting occurs, this is to ensure nobody can create false/fake accounts and vote for their model of choice more than once - again, just another thing to keep this contest fair.

Any feedback, suggestions or complaints can be posted in this thread. I hope nobody minds the rules, and that we get alot of people entering! Keep in mind, this contest is automotive forums wide, meaning anybody can enter! As long as you are 20 years of age, or older.

Have fun and and I look forward to seeing your entries!

TheSyndicate
04-20-2003, 08:37 PM
I can donate as a prize an assortment of modeling necessities in a basket. Mainly: liquid mask, panel line pen, set of brushes, turn signal amber and taillight red.

Not much of a prize, but whoever gets it is likely to use it. :cool:

christofurr
04-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Yeah, it sucks to be 19 right now.

rcmaxx
04-20-2003, 09:21 PM
mentel, I think alot of people would appreciate if you went over and made things easier for people entering. I am sure there are other ways to date the pictures in the models. besdies having to buy a newspaper just to do so. :)

also, how do you go about entering?

Hiroboy
04-20-2003, 10:17 PM
The newpaper thing is a bit off, as I don't get them also.
So what if my build only takes 7 days in total ? Do I have to take 6 week on the build?

Honoturtle
04-20-2003, 10:32 PM
............I might be able to feature the winner on the front page of my website ( http://www.geocities.com/jdmf_2003 ), just as long as it isn't on the same month as the other contest, because I already promised the other contest, unless I do two features.............which is possible.

Chain
04-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Hiroboy
The newpaper thing is a bit off, as I don't get them also.
So what if my build only takes 7 days in total ? Do I have to take 6 week on the build?

Hiro, if u r confident of doing it in a week, then perhaps you can go about 3 ways:
1)Build it first then wait til last minute then submit
2)Build it first then submit and regret later cos someone else did something better? :D
3)Wait til the last week of the contests then build and submit.

I would choose option 3) but I would give myself a buffer period instead of a week though.

Just my pov.

mentel
04-20-2003, 11:06 PM
okay. well fine, have 19 year olds in this contest seeing as how the real 'teen' contest doesnt allow nineteen year olds, even though they are still technically a teenager.

Doesn't have to be a news paper, but it has to be something. I don't want any cheaters, I don't want any type of arguements or conflicts in this contest. So please make sure you have something to prove the date in which you are building your car.

If you finish it tomorrow and give me an entry, so be it - your problem, not mine. Once I have your entry thats it, it stays there until vote time.

good night i need sleep :bloated: :)

appleseed
04-21-2003, 12:16 AM
sounds good to me but it seems that the picture taking updates would limit the entrants to those that have immediate access to a digital camera. i have sporadic 'privileges' to a digital camera so i don't know how that's going to work out. any leniency on this? i personally think the honor system would work out.

a.

bigfrit
04-21-2003, 01:02 AM
Nice idea ! I will enter, but I am quite against the dating thingy.

I think everyone is honest enough to do it right, no one will have to cheat, besides ,what difference does it make?

so if I get this right we HAVE to have 7 progress posts here on AF and we HAVE to chose one pic to enter contest ?

Olivier

Chain
04-21-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by bigfrit
Nice idea ! I will enter, but I am quite against the dating thingy.

I think everyone is honest enough to do it right, no one will have to cheat, besides ,what difference does it make?

so if I get this right we HAVE to have 7 progress posts here on AF and we HAVE to chose one pic to enter contest ?

Olivier

Thats what I think so too but this is my POV:

1. Progress report per week : You can submit and update your Project thread as many times as you want during a week.
When a week is up, you need to submit and update your project for the new week. So, 1 progress update per week is needed. Its up to us to update more if we want.

2. At the end of your project, you will have taken pics of the final result of the model that is taking part. Choose the 1 and only best pic of the model for submission, which you think is the best.

I suppose 1 pic isnt good enough? Or is this pic only for reference and thumbnail purpose?

Another matter is, it doesnt necessarily have to be daily newspaper.
In fact all you need to do is when you are taking pics, just insert a paper and scribble the actual date on it.
Say if I am doing a project now, as I am gonna take pics, I take a pc of paper, even a flip over calendar thats not being use and scribble today's date : 02/04/03 and have it stand next to my model.
The next day, new day new pics, scribble 03/04/03.

If you have a new session same day, then be sure to include that pc of paper or that calendar.
The best is a colourful paper thats not easy to edit.
This paper is your signature proof thru-out the whole competition.

The above provided we stay with the need to provide proof of our progressive build up.

Just a suggestion.

UKSupraboy
04-21-2003, 02:35 AM
Sounds like a good idea, can't wait.

The only concern I would have is the 2 month build time. I know many modellers would consider this plenty of time, but I'm sure that there must be other older builders like myself who find modelling time very limited due to other comitments, young kids, work etc, and it would be a shame to rush a project to finish in 8 weeks.

Would a slightly longer time be possible, maybe 10 or 12 weeks so that people like myself have a little more time without having to make compromises on detailing, painting etc and still stay in the missuses good books?

Richie

primera man
04-21-2003, 04:39 AM
Im in......sounds like a pretty good comp :D

Vric
04-21-2003, 05:00 AM
sound good... hope to finish my C-West Nissan 350Z for it..

what is the deadline ?

flyonthewall
04-21-2003, 05:25 AM
Sounds good, i'm in on it! There's 2 things i'm not happy with to be honest.

First, the exclussion of 19 year olds. Screw the 'teen' technicality, they will miss out otherwise. But it seems you've changed your mind on this already so that's cool;)

Second, the progress report thing with newspapers is not such a good idea IMO. I see what you're getting at but i would just find this hassle! I would probably struggle to make a regimented progress thread coz i may not be working on it constantly. Personally i have several projects on the go and i'm really poor at remembering to take pics as i go, it may also be that the model will have more time spent on it towards the end as we get close to the deadline. I'm certain that some weeks i may have nothing to report on at all.

On a more general note, this rule isn't fair to those who don't have easy access to a camera. I have an idea that u all may feel is better! What your saying is that you would like everyone to start a new project for this contest and that your 'prove the date' rule is so that no one submits an already built model right!? Well how about everyone nominates their model to be entered now (next week or so), which can be still in its box or only just started. If so a pic could be required to show the nominated project along with 'proof of date' if necessary and a regularly progress report should be optional.

What do u think?

coa03
04-21-2003, 05:32 AM
post as many pics as you want, but pick one picture you like the best to enter.
many pics as you want, but only 1 to enter.:confused: :confused: :confused:
Models must not be prebuilt.
Why??

Kerbie
04-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by mentel
okay. well fine, have 19 year olds in this contest seeing as how the real 'teen' contest doesnt allow nineteen year olds, even though they are still technically a teenager.

Doesn't have to be a news paper, but it has to be something. I don't want any cheaters, I don't want any type of arguements or conflicts in this contest. So please make sure you have something to prove the date in which you are building your car.

If you finish it tomorrow and give me an entry, so be it - your problem, not mine. Once I have your entry thats it, it stays there until vote time.

good night i need sleep :bloated: :)

yay!! i'm in! sweet.

Ayala
04-21-2003, 09:35 AM
i think i'm in, but can you change or modify some of the rules and reg pointed out by some of the members. like the final pix-only one? and the date-how will you know for sure?

sugarcaddy
04-21-2003, 11:28 AM
I will join the contest also! :D
But I do have the gripe that many have suggested already on the one final picture and the date thingy.
So when do we start?? I have a project on the table aready 80% done. So I guess that one is out of the question??:finger:

Scott

rhmatt
04-21-2003, 12:03 PM
I'm up for it, just tell me:

When does the two month window start?
Do we have to announce the model that we are building/entering?
Do we each have to make a thread for our progress?

I'd love to have about another week before it officialy "starts". I also have an 80% complete kit that I want to finish first.

Let's get it on! :D

-Rick

rcmaxx
04-21-2003, 02:02 PM
why no get rid of the progress thing? this would require people to have a digital camera so they can take new pics all the time.

why not just have someone take a pictures of say the unbuilt kit(open box) with the date next to it.....then, they can only enter that one model............:(

either way I am in, but it just sounds was too confusing to me. where there alot of other ways to make it simple, whats the point of having progress pics anyways?

mentel
04-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by flyonthewall
Sounds good, i'm in on it! There's 2 things i'm not happy with to be honest.

First, the exclussion of 19 year olds. Screw the 'teen' technicality, they will miss out otherwise. But it seems you've changed your mind on this already so that's cool;)

Second, the progress report thing with newspapers is not such a good idea IMO. I see what you're getting at but i would just find this hassle! I would probably struggle to make a regimented progress thread coz i may not be working on it constantly. Personally i have several projects on the go and i'm really poor at remembering to take pics as i go, it may also be that the model will have more time spent on it towards the end as we get close to the deadline. I'm certain that some weeks i may have nothing to report on at all.

On a more general note, this rule isn't fair to those who don't have easy access to a camera. I have an idea that u all may feel is better! What your saying is that you would like everyone to start a new project for this contest and that your 'prove the date' rule is so that no one submits an already built model right!? Well how about everyone nominates their model to be entered now (next week or so), which can be still in its box or only just started. If so a pic could be required to show the nominated project along with 'proof of date' if necessary and a regularly progress report should be optional.

What do u think?

Actually I think that may work out just fine. Reason being for having progress reports and picture taken with a newspaper (come on, who can't get a news paper?!) is to prove that you are building the model for this contest, and that you haven't already built one. I want this done this way specifically becasue i want new models, and something nobody has seen before. Actaully, if you dont want to give me progress reports thats okay, at least post 1 picture of the unassembled kit next to a news paper so we know what you are doing, and that you are doing it for this comp and its not already completed.

Thanks for the feedback guys , appreciate it

mentel
04-21-2003, 02:53 PM
1- Contest will start when everyone is 100% happy with the rules.
2- Post one picture in the soon to be designated thread, of your unbuilt kit next to a newspaper showing the date. This must be done before you submit your entry.
3- A thread will be posted for you to all post in. Each person will get one thread entry, meaning you post once in that thread and then you have to edit the post each time you update, thats just to keep it organised.

anything else i missed

flyonthewall
04-21-2003, 03:24 PM
1- Contest will start when everyone is 100% happy with the rules.
2- Post one picture in the soon to be designated thread, of your unbuilt kit next to a newspaper showing the date. This must be done before you submit your entry.
3- A thread will be posted for you to all post in. Each person will get one thread entry, meaning you post once in that thread and then you have to edit the post each time you update, thats just to keep it organised.

anything else i missed

Maybe consider projects that have only just been started or were started then stalled a while back. For example, i have two projects i'm considering, one is the C-west RX-7 that i started a progress thread on months back. Its still in very early stages and i would like to get it going again, this comp is the perfect reason to do so:)

Some of the guys here may be in the situation of not being able to afford a new kit for the comp. If you allow just started or previously stalled projects then it will allow these people to take part. Maybe each nominated project can be considered on its own merit:)

Just throwing out ideas;)

bibendumz
04-21-2003, 03:56 PM
IN MY OPINION, if anyone of you do not agree or cant fulfill some of the rules and regulations that was setted, than you can consider opting out of the compeition.

mentel
04-21-2003, 04:38 PM
as far as new projects go, i dont want any part of the pr oject started what so ever. i want it to be a completely unused/opened kit. just one of the rules for it.

Put your name down if you are going to be entering, this thread will stay up till tomorrow morning when I lock it and post the official official old timers thread.

Entrants:
MenteL

Dave ESPI
04-21-2003, 04:53 PM
awesome. I just posted a thread like 2 weekas or so ago on the '66 T-Bird I am doing. can I use it ? I swear I just bought it.... I haven't completely finished the kit, so I could snap a shot of it with a date on it if that would surfice.

tonioseven
04-21-2003, 05:07 PM
1. Mentel
2. flyonthewall
I have to drop out because of some other commitments :(

rcmaxx
04-21-2003, 05:18 PM
WTF? till tomorow morning? some people dont check the site that often!

CADguy
04-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Count me in!:sun:

Sounds like fun.

8 weeks is just about right for me.

barnabei
04-21-2003, 07:58 PM
count me in too!!

RallyRaider
04-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Okay I'll have a go, so long as there will be no fallout if the deadline isn't met :) Only drawback is we'll have to put our existing projects on the backburner and start a new model :o

UKSupraboy
04-22-2003, 12:02 AM
Count me in.

My only problem would be time, waiting for my order from Singapore, but rules is rules. I say go for it.

phatmitsu
04-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Count me in.. Ill get some pics in the am.. Ill have to go and swipe the neighbors paper in the morning..lol... I have sundays paper sitting here so Ill use that and start it tonight.. Later Good luck..

bigfrit
04-22-2003, 12:07 AM
I m in , but one more question, can I use the stratos I have just begun ?

I made a thread about it about 3 days ago, and haven't done anything much, or can I enter two cars , +progress pics then ?

Olivier

chaos
04-22-2003, 12:29 AM
I'm in

bigfrit
04-22-2003, 12:31 AM
Nevermind, I ll go find myself a new project !
Only thing is, the element of surprise of coming with something totally unexpected will be gone , but hey, at least we ll all get to see some progress threads from the masters @ work !

Olivier

Guido
04-22-2003, 01:50 AM
Well, I first thought we were going to see some simple rules like for the Modeler of the year thing, but not this time.

We need to send updates, progress reports etc. etc. I don't have a digicam so there goes my participation. I can occasionally ask a friend to use this camera, but not every week, and as stated before, I don't have a digicam in my budget for the next year. :(

Anyway, why taking part, in F-1 I'm the best anyhow.

So you digicam owning modelers, enjoy the competition :flipa:

Oh and another thing, a lot of old-timers are having a job, house, kids, mistresses :D, dogs, whatever, which means I don't have so much time to spend on a model and therefor 2 months would be probably too tight to finish a super detailed F-1 or Rally car. Why not allow people to enter a model that they build before? Is that how much you trust us? Well anyway, it's not going to be for me this time.

flyonthewall
04-22-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by huudo
Well, I first thought we were going to see some simple rules like for the Modeler of the year thing, but not this time.

We need to send updates, progress reports etc. etc. I don't have a digicam so there goes my participation. I can occasionally ask a friend to use this camera, but not every week, and as stated before, I don't have a digicam in my budget for the next year. :(

Anyway, why taking part, in F-1 I'm the best anyhow.

So you digicam owning modelers, enjoy the competition :flipa:

Oh and another thing, a lot of old-timers are having a job, house, kids, mistresses :D, dogs, whatever, which means I don't have so much time to spend on a model and therefor 2 months would be probably too tight to finish a super detailed F-1 or Rally car. Why not allow people to enter a model that they build before? Is that how much you trust us? Well anyway, it's not going to be for me this time.

Some valid points made, i rest my case!!!

hrmodeler
04-22-2003, 04:05 AM
Why running another Rally contest while one is already online?
I will repeat it every 6 months because very good response.

primera man
04-22-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by huudo
mistresses :D,

We need to talk http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/ylsuper.gif http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/ylsuper.gif ....:D

Anyway...still count me in.
I want to start my model in the next day or two so hopefully rules will be finished by then.

ridin_on_rails
04-22-2003, 05:21 AM
Man, I would love to join in, but I'm right in the middle of a cool dub city project. I'll just have to catch the next contest. Good luck ya'll.

sugarcaddy
04-22-2003, 05:21 AM
as far as new projects go, i dont want any part of the pr oject started what so ever. i want it to be a completely unused/opened kit. just one of the rules for it.

Put your name down if you are going to be entering, this thread will stay up till tomorrow morning when I lock it and post the official official old timers thread.

Entrants:
MenteL

:wave: Im in!

Scott

RallyRaider
04-22-2003, 06:38 AM
Just a thought regards the "picture of the kit with newspaper" angle. What is this really going to prove? It would be exceptionally easy to just take a photo of an unstarted kit, doesn't mean it is the one you're building. For instance I've built a few Peugeots, and have several to build in different liveries. I've got the kits, just haven't started them. What is to stop me taking a pic of one of those unstarted kits and pretending I'm building and already finished car?

You see my point? There is no way to prove the build is new. And I'm wondering why anybody would want to anyway.

For that reason why not allow semi-completed projects in the comp? For instance I have begun an Evo VII Lancer. So far I've just cleaned up the parts, modified the bodyshell a bit, raised the suspension and built a light pod. No painting yet, apart from some primer to check the modifications. I'd very much like to continue this kit rather than abandon it to the shelf at this juncture.

On the other hand if the comp is intended to be a quick, dirty build to test who has the most time on their hands then fair enough, I'll compete anyway. Just expect that the vast majority of entries you'll attract will be out-of-the-box type builds. Not a bad thing but possibly limiting.

Anyway, food for thought. Wasted an hour or so tonight going through my stash looking for a kit to start! Something curbside, unusual, quick to build and with a bit of a visual kick to it :D

Chain
04-22-2003, 07:21 AM
I am out.
I got too much family and work matters to attend to at times.
Dead tired after work and when you build your models, you need to do it properly or dont do it at all and you'll end up hating yourself for rushing things when it doesnt go right.

Actually I am happy with the appreciation I get from the members here. Those who know how hard it is to get a project up, detailed and done.
To me, that alone is my reward.

Good luck to all taking part, I'll be looking out for your projects.

flyonthewall
04-22-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by RallyRaider
Just a thought regards the "picture of the kit with newspaper" angle. What is this really going to prove? It would be exceptionally easy to just take a photo of an unstarted kit, doesn't mean it is the one you're building. For instance I've built a few Peugeots, and have several to build in different liveries. I've got the kits, just haven't started them. What is to stop me taking a pic of one of those unstarted kits and pretending I'm building and already finished car?

You see my point? There is no way to prove the build is new. And I'm wondering why anybody would want to anyway.

For that reason why not allow semi-completed projects in the comp? For instance I have begun an Evo VII Lancer. So far I've just cleaned up the parts, modified the bodyshell a bit, raised the suspension and built a light pod. No painting yet, apart from some primer to check the modifications. I'd very much like to continue this kit rather than abandon it to the shelf at this juncture.

On the other hand if the comp is intended to be a quick, dirty build to test who has the most time on their hands then fair enough, I'll compete anyway. Just expect that the vast majority of entries you'll attract will be out-of-the-box type builds. Not a bad thing but possibly limiting.

Anyway, food for thought. Wasted an hour or so tonight going through my stash looking for a kit to start! Something curbside, unusual, quick to build and with a bit of a visual kick to it :D

Another good point.:)

ales
04-22-2003, 08:14 AM
I didn't want to say anything, but changed my mind.

It seems that there will be more contests running soon than models built. OK, I'm prepared to live with the teen contest as, well, it makes sense. But this one - I fail to see the point. I think having a vast number of different competitions on AF will just diminish the value of competitions themselves. My strong opinion is that there should be a model of the year contest (brilliatly carried out by Warren last year), and 2-3 smaller thematic contests to keep the motivation on a high and modellers on their toes. So we are having a rally contest and an ITR contest running at the moment, and Antonio wanted to hold a Civic competition later in the year. But now he's havin second thoughts, and I can understand him - who wants to look like he/she is jumping on the bandwagon? To me this sounds ridiculous really, and I'll have you know that several members are sharing my opinion on this.

mentel
04-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by ales
I didn't want to say anything, but changed my mind.

It seems that there will be more contests running soon than models built. OK, I'm prepared to live with the teen contest as, well, it makes sense. But this one - I fail to see the point. I think having a vast number of different competitions on AF will just diminish the value of competitions themselves. My strong opinion is that there should be a model of the year contest (brilliatly carried out by Warren last year), and 2-3 smaller thematic contests to keep the motivation on a high and modellers on their toes. So we are having a rally contest and an ITR contest running at the moment, and Antonio wanted to hold a Civic competition later in the year. But now he's havin second thoughts, and I can understand him - who wants to look like he/she is jumping on the bandwagon? To me this sounds ridiculous really, and I'll have you know that several members are sharing my opinion on this.

Okay, fine. I can carry it off of AF and have it as my own personal contest hosted on photo-chop.com

Seem's like I'm ruffling too many feathers here, and stepping on toes. So, if you want visit my site when I have the page up and enter the contest if you like. Well, actually I think about it, the ideas of the contest aren't going well with anybody so I won't even do it. The rules I set down can easily be followed and done, but I guess people don't want that and don't want this contest. Just forget about it, maybe later in the year I will bring it up again.

primera man
04-22-2003, 07:52 PM
I dont think you are steping on peoples toes.
But Alex has brought up a good point which i have also been thinking about....far to many contests are going on at the moment IMO.
Maybe it would be better to have run a MIDYEAR contest for everybody, then followed by the MOTY at the end with the top 10 models going straight though to the MOTY contest
I cant seem to keep track of all these contest myself :o

phatmitsu
04-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Well are we doing the old timers contest or what? Ill finish my current projects if its not going on.. I personally like the idea of a timed build. ITs fun that way.. I started on two last night.. took pics of both with the newpaper also.. Well Mental is the contest on or not? Later Rick S.

hirofkd
04-22-2003, 10:30 PM
The idea of timed build seems interesting, and unique, and the progress photos make sense, because of the nature of timed building. I won't be in, but I'm sure there are plenty of people, who are interested in it to make this contest fun to follow.
But, probably it doesn't have to be now, but maybe later this year, since we have two contests going on now?

Just my two yens.:D

bigfrit
04-23-2003, 02:29 AM
Look, I have a proposition to make .

We do this contest, going with the rules of the teen contest (but not the age limit), with the teen deadline.
and in the same categories.

But, a little added rule could be that everyone that makes a little progress thread will receive an extra 2 points ?

How 's that for a contest ?
that way we can keep everybody happy, without excluding people from this little "contest for honour" !

How's this for an idea. And forget the pre-built and the newspaper dating methods .

Olivier.

Guido
04-23-2003, 03:45 AM
it's not about stepping on toes. We should try and run only a couple of comps here on AF, like the MOTY and the proposed MOTMY (mid-year) and a teenagers comp. That's what you see in real life also - at the Nationals, people will participate with what they build during that year and, teenagers will take part in a junior comp.
Since AF should try to cover worldwide, we should only organize the "big-events" like in the real world. Locals can of course organise local comps, which in our case would mean on their personal website.

Does that make sense? ;)

hrmodeler
04-23-2003, 04:00 AM
Mine contest is open every month for everybody who wants to join it and it's on my personal pages and domain. It's open for all modelers worlwide and it isn't based on any forum, list or group. Rules are very simple.
I will have only one themed contest and it will be "Rally Models contest" which I will try to run every 6 months if interest will like it's now.

AF year contest is good, but if there will be many contest they will became diluted.

CADguy
04-24-2003, 09:08 AM
So is this contest cancelled now or what?
It seemed like there was a lot of interest, and only 2 or 3 not up for it?

primera man
04-24-2003, 09:33 PM
Well IMO it might as will go ahead as its already been talked about.

oblaise
04-24-2003, 09:48 PM
Maybe it would be better to have run a MIDYEAR contest for everybody, then followed by the MOTY at the end with the top 10 models going straight though to the MOTY contest

Yes I agree take a look at the NFL or NBA, or any other sports league. There is one BIG tournament at the end of the year, there is more anticipation for what your gonna see, and the level of competition is high. With one huge competition at the end of the year, there is more time to work on a stunning model, instead of having to rush your work in order to reach a deadline. Well thats my oppinion.:coolguy:

mentel
04-24-2003, 09:49 PM
The first contest on this forum that ends, this contest will go up.

Honoturtle
05-03-2003, 01:20 AM
There has been quite a bit of troble with the ITR contest already! Too little competitors had entered their cars, and now there is an extention under consideration. I went through this whole thread (although I can't enter), and realized that since the MOTY contest was such a sucess, that a lot of other contest have sprounted, and started to grow, all we have to do is take care of it.

Come on guys, I'm not trying to be the badguy, but let's try not to spoil this place with too many contests at once, let's keep it so there will be solid competition in each contest that is held. Where the contest isn't just an "everyday" thing, and when one comes around, we'll be all hyped up about it.

In other words, let's have contest that will almost guarentee success, and try not to stuff all the deadlines at once. I'm not trying to drag any of the contests that are going on now down, but we have to make sure that there is enough supporters for each contest, that's why we shouldn't have them all at once.

Anyways, Happy Modeling :):D

Add your comment to this topic!