HELP!!?? no fuel through Bosch ke jetronic fi distributor

rhmccluskey
04-20-2003, 08:50 AM
Help!!! No fuel through Bosch KE Jetronic fuel distributor to cylindar injectors. Plenty of fuel from cold start injector so good fuel pressure? Fuel pump runs during cranking + 1/2 sec. Shouldn't the fuel pump run when I manually lift the airflow sensor plate inside the fuel distributor? Problem started months ago with no idle on cold start, had to pedal to keep it running until warm up then ran fine. Months later would sputter a bit on rare occaisions. Now no start at all. Can't get fuel through injector tubes even with injectors removed from tubes. Tried fuel/ignition computer, no help. Replaced filters, air & fuel no difference. Coolant temp sensor OK. Good spark from plugs. NOW WHAT??? PLEASE HELP!!!

CraigFL
04-21-2003, 08:40 AM
You need to follow the troubleshooting guide in this book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0837603005/103-7517399-0753439?vi=glance

rhmccluskey
05-24-2003, 01:56 PM
I found the solution after hours of troubleshooting. Although it seemed that plenty of fuel was getting to the fuel distributor, I removed the fuel line from the input of the fd and placed it into a glass jar. When I ran the fuel pump I found that the delivery through the fuel line was half air or vapor. THE PROBLEM TURNED OUT TO BE A FAILED TRANSFER PUMP INSIDE THE FUEL TANK. I hope that this posting saves someoneelse from hours of frustration. RMc

Add your comment to this topic!