Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Coupe for 2003 Model

Roadster2
04-19-2003, 06:57 AM
Are they not going to make a Coupe for Production since they made the Coupe Competition Race Car so thy should be able to fix the body style for production

Polygon
04-19-2003, 09:18 AM
I hear that the coupe will not be out until 2005. That is what I have heard, please anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Viper 10
04-19-2003, 10:03 PM
2005 is the latest rumor on the street. Unfortunately they are killing the Viper mystique with the SRT-10. For all of the hoopla, the actual performance is disappointing (relative to the Gen 2's). The freaking car weighs over 3,600 pounds!

DeViL
04-19-2003, 10:48 PM
Unfortunately they are killing the Viper mystique with the SRT-10. For all of the hoopla, the actual performance is disappointing (relative to the Gen 2's). The freaking car weighs over 3,600 pounds!
Are you talking about the truck SRT-10? They really need to give that a new name it gets confusing talking about that and the new Viper. Anyways, uh isn't the Viper SRT-10 supposed to be 100 pounds lighter then the older convertible? And whats disappointing about 50 more hp and 25 more lbs of torque?

Viper 10
04-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Road and Track has it weighing in at 3,535 pounds. A GTS Coupe weighs in at just over 3,300 pounds.

Performance times and spec's were all disappointing. It could be that the R&T folks don't know how to drive the Viper (as they did with earlier models).

All this on top of differentials blowing up and recalls on the early models for intake valve problems. It doesn't seem like DC planned very well for this car's release.

JMO.

v10_viper
04-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Viper 10
Road and Track has it weighing in at 3,535 pounds. A GTS Coupe weighs in at just over 3,300 pounds.

Performance times and spec's were all disappointing. It could be that the R&T folks don't know how to drive the Viper (as they did with earlier models).

All this on top of differentials blowing up and recalls on the early models for intake valve problems. It doesn't seem like DC planned very well for this car's release.

JMO.

Well I'm hoping that it is the Road and Track folks dont know how to drive it very well. Your news brings great disappointment to me, damnit why cant it be lighter!?!?!?!:mad: I hope that they're Coupe when they make it is less weight than that, but I'm doubting it will be, considering the CC weighs what, just at 3000?? Well there will be at least 400 more pounds in it for seats and that, damnit anyways. How are they heavier, they saved a lot of weight almost everwhere they could and still have a heavier car?? Excuse me for this but FUCKING CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

v10_viper
05-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Not to say your wrong Brad, but Motor Trend tested it against some other high hp cars and they actually brought in a proffessional driver with experience driving GTS-R's. They say the Viper weighs 3357 lbs so i'm hoping that's right. They're performance tests were:

0-60: 3.94 seconds
1/4 Mile: 11.77 123.63 mph.
Standing Mile: 30.5 @ 167.2 mph, and if it would have been one tenth second quicker it would hold the new record for that test.
It broke both braking records with
60-0: 97 ft
100-0: 274 ft
and 0-100-0 took 12.17 seconds
600 ft slalom it was 70.4 mph, and the record was broken by the Mosler MT900 Photon at 74.7 mph, and the previous record holder was a 97 Viper GTS with 73.6. What's sad though is the Mitsu Evo was faster than the Zo6 and SRT-10 with 71.4 mph, shows ya what all wheel drive can do. They got it to reach 182 mph on Ford's five mile oval, the record holder is a 550 Maranello with 194.5 mph. And in a figure eight track it was second fastest with a 23.9 with a .86 average g road holding, behind the Mosler again, but I'm sure the Viper would beat the Mosler on a higher speed track as the Mosler's top speed was 165! And I think they were testing the SRT-10 with the top down. You do not know how happy this magazine has made me!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thehemi
05-14-2003, 04:13 PM
I have seen videos of bone stock '03 Vipers
with 500 miles running 11.8s in the quarter.

That is not all that disappointing, IMHO. :D

Japmetal
05-17-2003, 12:32 PM
I agree; hatever they do it's still a serious bit of kit; who cares about a few 0.01's on the strip ?

v10_viper
05-19-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Japmetal
I agree; hatever they do it's still a serious bit of kit; who cares about a few 0.01's on the strip ?

Well it does matter cuz an 10.98 will always beat a 10.99 and such, but that's a photo freakin finish.

Scott 02
05-20-2003, 05:56 PM
smart ass here:rolleyes:

v10_viper
05-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Scott 02
smart ass here:rolleyes:

Shut up scott, in know way was I getting smart with him, but if that's the way he took it then sorry Jap, I didn't mean it that way, I was just merely pointing out that it does matter but in the way that it doesn't matter is when they're the same cars, because no car is exactly the same

Neutrino
06-01-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by v10_viper
Not to say your wrong Brad, but Motor Trend tested it against some other high hp cars and they actually brought in a proffessional driver with experience driving GTS-R's. They say the Viper weighs 3357 lbs so i'm hoping that's right. They're performance tests were:

0-60: 3.94 seconds
1/4 Mile: 11.77 123.63 mph.
Standing Mile: 30.5 @ 167.2 mph, and if it would have been one tenth second quicker it would hold the new record for that test.
It broke both braking records with
60-0: 97 ft
100-0: 274 ft
and 0-100-0 took 12.17 seconds
600 ft slalom it was 70.4 mph, and the record was broken by the Mosler MT900 Photon at 74.7 mph, and the previous record holder was a 97 Viper GTS with 73.6. What's sad though is the Mitsu Evo was faster than the Zo6 and SRT-10 with 71.4 mph, shows ya what all wheel drive can do. They got it to reach 182 mph on Ford's five mile oval, the record holder is a 550 Maranello with 194.5 mph. And in a figure eight track it was second fastest with a 23.9 with a .86 average g road holding, behind the Mosler again, but I'm sure the Viper would beat the Mosler on a higher speed track as the Mosler's top speed was 165! And I think they were testing the SRT-10 with the top down. You do not know how happy this magazine has made me!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

yes i have that article and the guy that tested....he won the lemans in 97 so he know what he is talking about....that srt-10 is a monster

one thing about that article ...it makes me buy an evo...such a little mosnter...

Japmetal
06-03-2003, 02:07 PM

Shut up scott, in know way was I getting smart with him, but if that's the way he took it then sorry Jap, I didn't mean it that way, I was just merely pointing out that it does matter but in the way that it doesn't matter is when they're the same cars, because no car is exactly the same

I think he meant that he cared about 1/4 mile times, to be fair

AND my comment was meaning more that since these cars are designed for the road, the tiny performance differences you guys argue about make no real difference, since Viper performance has always been blistering in any sensible comparison, plus when u buy one for the road hopefully it's for the looks as much as the performance :cool:

can you imagine how awful they'd be to drive every day if Dodge started biulding them specifically for the 1/4 mile ? :eek:

Jason Doucette
06-05-2003, 04:26 PM
They got it to reach 182 mph on Ford's five mile oval, the record holder is a 550 Maranello with 194.5 mph. That was limited by the track, not by aerodynamics, just in case some people thought that this was its true top speed.

v10_viper
06-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Jason Doucette
That was limited by the track, not by aerodynamics, just in case some people thought that this was its true top speed.

Thanks for clearin that up, I forgot to say that. In Road&Track they claim the SRT-10's top speed is only 190, which I could believe for the convertible maybe, but then they say the CC's top speed is only 192, I really question that with it's power and aerodynamics though, slower than the old GTS, I dont think it is. That magazine's acceleration tests are way off too so I think they're just pussies when it comes to testing such a powerful car, or they just despise the Vipers. Even they're braking tests are off, they rate the SRT-10 at 114 feet from 60 mph where some other magazine rates it at 97 feet I think, I gotta try remembering these things a little better.

Scott 02
06-06-2003, 04:27 PM
claim the SRT-10's top speed is only 190

Is that it? That is weak.

Neutrino
06-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Scott 02

Is that it? That is weak.

i hope you were being sarcastic because going almost 190 mph in a convertible is amazing

v10_viper
06-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Neutrino

i hope you were being sarcastic because going almost 190 mph in a convertible is amazing

That's no shit, I'm still wondering if it can go even faster than that, cause 200+mph in a vert would be crazy, especially with the top down. But I do understand scotts point, with more power and better aerodynamis, and that low of gearin the Viper has, it should be able to do better than that.

Neutrino
06-08-2003, 11:59 PM

That's no shit, I'm still wondering if it can go even faster than that, cause 200+mph in a vert would be crazy, especially with the top down. But I do understand scotts point, with more power and better aerodynamis, and that low of gearin the Viper has, it should be able to do better than that.

there is only so much you can do about a convertible's aerodinamics.....the rt-10 were the showboating vipers anyway...the pure performance vipers were the gts's

i say the numbers of this rt-10 are amazing....and show me another convertible that can take it

Add your comment to this topic!