Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 Maxima Radio Bezel Removal

tmaster1187
03-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Trying to remove the radio bezel from my 04 max to replace my stock radio for a new stock one(CD player quit working). I have taken the gear shifter knob off and tried to pull the silver transmission selector part that sits over the wood grain off but i can't get it to budge. Any ideas/pics/schematics that anybody has would be outstanding. Thanks!

Nahkapohjola
03-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Trying to remove the radio bezel from my 04 max to replace my stock radio for a new stock one(CD player quit working). I have taken the gear shifter knob off and tried to pull the silver transmission selector part that sits over the wood grain off but i can't get it to budge. Any ideas/pics/schematics that anybody has would be outstanding. Thanks!

Want the front panel out? As gear shift panel is already opened, then there are the two screws on 'both sides of ashtray'. Then the this so called "Cluster lid C" should come off.

Panel parts on Service Manual page IP-10

Nahkapohjola
03-25-2010, 02:01 AM
instr panel assy pic;

17. Cluster lid C

tmaster1187
04-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the instructions there. However, i am trying to get part 21 and 19 up to get to those screws. When i pull up a little bit i feel like I will snap it if i keep applying pressure.

Nahkapohjola
04-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the instructions there. However, i am trying to get part 21 and 19 up to get to those screws. When i pull up a little bit i feel like I will snap it if i keep applying pressure.

I know the feeling ... u cant win always:)

Anyways, its a snap on thing, go for it. U cant live w/o taking risks... this is a good place to practice, you'll always remember how it went.

Add your comment to this topic!