Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FTO queries? Help?

punk
04-17-2003, 06:35 PM
hey everyone, im gettin a fto gpx in a couple of weeks, ive heard all the good things and it sounds like an awesome car not to mention its muscular looks, however, i was wondering if anyone can tell of any common problems it might have that i can look out for, or things i shud check since it is an import and all.. ill most probably get it from a import dealer, in in Sydney, AUs.. oh and one more thing, ive heard putting 18s on it can cause problems with rubbing etc... shud i go for 17's? and how low can u have em?

haha sorry that there are so many questions but i wana make sure i dont get a dud.

thanks for ur help!
:licker:

D7JAB
07-23-2003, 06:38 AM
Common stuff to look for on imports are scratches dents etc...they get packed into them containers and they dont really care when transporting them that they get a few dents and scratches, keep an eye on that cause its hart breaking when its in perfect condition and one bit has a dent / scratch.
Check it is a MIVEC....they can be passed along as not one.
Check Speedo has been changd as this can set you back a few pennies.
Try get a high spec one with extras, i.e. traction control, air bags, cd player.
Make sure the a/c / climate control works, and that it isnt leaking (check in passenger footwell for any leaks on the carpet right under the dash board) that leads to a new Matrix and could cause further problems.
Check millage against all the servicing bills and make sure they add up.

Finally get it checked by a company like AA or RAC (UK) cause they will make sure its not stolen / grey import and they will give u a value for the car to buy it in its current condition.

DANDADDA
01-08-2004, 06:40 AM
Hi everyone,

I've just brought a gpx and it's in pretty good condition, it's just that when the engine is running i can hear a ticking sound which speeds up when i put my food on the gas, does anyone know what that might be ...........or am i being paranoid

Zero8985
01-11-2004, 10:30 AM
It could be a lack of oil. If you have enough oil, it might be an exhaust leak. Those are the two pretty common ticks coming from cars.

jez001
02-03-2004, 06:31 AM
Hey mate, I just bought a 94 GPX myself, and ive just fitted a set of 18's with absolutely no rubbing at all. Just gotta get it lowered now, looks like a tractor!!

Add your comment to this topic!