Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

From Russia with love :))))

EvoVI
04-17-2003, 01:14 PM
So i'm working on Impreza WRC 2001. As you all understand i need to paint it in Mica Blue, but here there is a problem we can have it only as spray, but i use airbrush and i just hate sprays. So what to do, i thought of several ways:

1) To get the paint out of can and fill in the airbrush.(haven't tried yet)

2) Try to make Mica Blue myself, i tried this way i mixed X4 and X11 the color was right but "unstable" the paints didn't want to mix X11 always tried to appear over X4, i worked as a blender :) but it was the same shit right on the model.

So, what to do? If you say: "Idiot just spray it!" I'll kill myself :)

But anyway, is it absolutely necessary to spray a primer first(i talk about the body)?

Oh i fogot to introduce myself - it's my first post. My name is Rostislav or just Slava, i'm from Russia, Moscow and i'm 24 years old.

Lownslow
04-17-2003, 01:17 PM
i can answer the first and last one

1)get a straw or pipe of some kind tape it to the cars nozzle ands spry into airbrush jar.

yes,you have to use the primer

integra818
04-17-2003, 01:20 PM
WELCOME TO AF :jumpie:

Just one questiuon, is'nt it too cold to spray in Ruissia?

Hope to see your impreza ...

DAS-FEE-DONN-YA :wave:

EvoVI
04-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Yow man, Russia is not a North Pole we've got a temperature 2-3 degrees lower than in central Europe (usually) :) :) :)

Thank you guys! Any more advice?

NoBrakes
04-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the board, hope to see your impreza soon.... sorry but i canґt help you with the mica blue.

Cheers

Jay!
04-17-2003, 02:10 PM
A very good tutorial on extracting paint from spray cans, written by member freakray:

http://www.briansmodelcars.com/tutorials/tutorial.asp?TutorialID=3&CurPage=1

Guido
04-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Welcome Slava.

Everything has been said.

1. spray paint in jar, then airbrush - that's what I do
2. Use primer - that's what I do nowadays, after the people overhere convinced me to do it ;)

Good luck.

ales
04-17-2003, 10:46 PM
Yes, the best thing would be to just extract the paint from the can.

Another would be to have some mixed for you in an automotive paint shop.

Добро пожаловать!!! :wave:

Vyacheslav
04-17-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by EvoVI
So i'm working on Impreza WRC 2001. As you all understand i need to paint it in Mica Blue, but here there is a problem we can have it only as spray, but i use airbrush and i just hate sprays. So what to do, i thought of several ways:

1) To get the paint out of can and fill in the airbrush.(haven't tried yet)

2) Try to make Mica Blue myself, i tried this way i mixed X4 and X11 the color was right but "unstable" the paints didn't want to mix X11 always tried to appear over X4, i worked as a blender :) but it was the same shit right on the model.

So, what to do? If you say: "Idiot just spray it!" I'll kill myself :)

But anyway, is it absolutely necessary to spray a primer first(i talk about the body)?

Oh i fogot to introduce myself - it's my first post. My name is Rostislav or just Slava, i'm from Russia, Moscow and i'm 24 years old.
Rostik, privet! Ya tozhe Slava :)
U menya est' paru voprosov k tebe po povodu tovara po 1\24 plastic models u nas v rossii i ukraine.

integra818
04-17-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Vyacheslav

Rostik, privet! Ya tozhe Slava :)

Yes, we know your name is Slava ;)

That's the only part I understood :D

EvoVI
04-18-2003, 01:07 AM
Guys, thank you for a worm reception, thank you for the links and good words, of course i'll post my Impreza pics sa soon as i can.

Glad to find Russian speaking people here "Zdarova Mujiki !!! "

Vyacheslav write to my mail boshk@yahoo.com or ICQ 70297509

Forhod
04-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Welcome to AF :wave:

Add your comment to this topic!