Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking for fun sedan suggestions

wesley133
03-23-2010, 10:39 AM
I currently drive a 1999 Saturn SL1 which should turn 200k miles next week. I've had the car for 9 years and think I deserve a new vehicle. :evillol:

We have three kids, and my wife drives a 2005 Honda Odyssey. We usually take the Odyssey when we go somewhere as a family, but I would like something with a bit more room in the back seat so we don't always have to take the minivan when running errands.

I would like something with more power, but that still gets decent mileage. Vehicles that I have been considering are the Saturn Aura (XR) or Ford Fusion (SEL). Leather heated seats would also be nice.

I want something reliable, I will be using the car as a daily driver and will be putting about 15k miles on a year.

I guess that I am looking for suggestions of other vehicles that I might be over looking, for example, I just saw a 2004 Lincoln LS. I also like the Honda Accord, but like all Honda's they seem to hold their value too well (at least when you are on the buying side) :p

I would like to stay in the $7k-10K range, but I could go up to $15k if I find a really nice deal.

What year/models would you consider?

akboss
03-23-2010, 02:14 PM
If someone says they are looking for a more entertaining brand of car to drive, I first suggest Mazda. The Mazda6 offers a great combination of sporty driving character, performance and affordability - all while maintaining a good reliability and safety rating. Secondly, I would look at Nissan - the Altima SE is a lot of car for the money, but a lot of people lease and abuse them so watch for signs of wear on the interior. Lastly, Volkswagen offers one of the best (affordable) driving experiences on the market, but a lot of people don't want to put up with the reliability issues.

If you want a no-nonsense sporty sedan, I would refer you to a Mazda6 V6 or a Nissan Altima 3.5 SE. Also consider the offbeat choice of the Mitsubishi Galant, but reliability and build quality are not up to the standards of the Nissan.

Add your comment to this topic!