Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Window tint

PreludePassion
04-17-2003, 06:17 AM
What's the best/easiest way for me to remove the tint tape from my windows? I bought the car in Mississippi, which allows 35%, but now I have to get it registered in Maine (2 years later) which only allows 50%. I hate Maine... anyway, any help would be great.

Also, if anyone's curious about tint laws in any other states, check out http://autowindowtintings.com/main.cfm?action=laws
and I've also got links to Maine state inspection laws (what's legal, what's not) if anyone needs them (e-mail me for the link)

Thanks

sublimewls
04-17-2003, 11:20 PM
... razor to window... don't febe scared or anything. I have 20% in the front and 5% in back. I like in California which according to this only allows 70%. It just depends what color your car is. My car's white so it kinda offsets it a little.. Black its REALLY noticiable. I have had my tint for almost a year now... and its still on the car!:smoker2:

tenzoracerevovii
04-17-2003, 11:26 PM
what would be the best way to go about taking off the back tint? it has MAJOR bubbles and i don't wanna cut around the defroster lines. i took off my tint on the other windows, but the back window tint just DOESN"T wanna come off. There's gotta something better than using a razor out there????

Parker
04-18-2003, 08:42 AM
hehe, i get 32% down here in georgia. i always thought it was 20% tho...

sickhonda
04-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Try posting it to this forum:

http://forum.gr8tint.com/

Your questions will be answered by expert tinters or someone with great deal of experience.

You will definitely damage the defroster when you use a razor to remove your tint. :p

HoNdaGrl03
05-09-2003, 07:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone has 32 tint on their car and wouldnt mind sending me a picture of it. My boyfriend is getting my windows tinted for my graduation present, and I wanted to see how dark it was. Thanks so much :licker:

sublimewls
05-09-2003, 09:58 PM
i would find a place around where you live to look at it... or (don't laugh) check out walmart to get an idea... its a little darker than stock (in my opinion)

HoNdaGrl03
05-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Funny you say walmart.. My mom is Asst. Store manager there.. So I wouldnt laugh! Thanks for your help

BullShifter
05-20-2003, 01:33 AM
for some helpful Tinting information > www.tintdude.com

If you want to remove the tint off a rear window with a defroster, your better off replacing the whole window or have a pro do it which can be expensive & still your defroster may not work properly. Most tinting places have you sign a waiver so they arent responsible for damage.

Add your comment to this topic!