Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Questions on Squadron white putty

64 Chevy
04-16-2003, 08:47 PM
This is my first time trying squadron putty and I have a few questions on its use. First of all is it susposed to seem so dry and flaky? To me it seems like if the putty was slightly less dry it would go on alot better. Second is it best to put the putty on in thin layers for building up areas or is it ok to do it in one clump? I tryed doing it in one clump and the putty stayed soft untill the next morning, is that normal? And finaly, how bad is the shrinkage of this putty and is it recomened for body kits and such. Also any suggestions on usage of this putty would be very helpfull, Thanks.

Integra14
04-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Hey, if you're using squadron, make sure u have a bowl of water near, Just dip ur hands in it, then start to mold it. You can put on 1 clump, than wait till its hard, and take a exacto knife. You can start carving a Rough shape of a body kit with it....

I wouldn't reccomend squadron, but hell, I use TESTORS CONTOUR SO waht do i know!@

daggerlee
04-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Squeeze more out of the tube, the stuff inside should be nice and gooey. The flaky outside stuff is the stuff that's dried up. You can just throw that away.

It's best to apply it in layers, since it'll dry faster that way. Also, it does shrink a lot, and it's not as strong as epoxy putty. I wouldn't recommend using it for bodykits, I'd get some epoxy putty for that.

64 Chevy
04-16-2003, 08:54 PM
So it is recomended to add some water to the putty?

Integra14
04-16-2003, 09:02 PM
i don't think so, but its WAY easier to apply with water

64 Chevy
04-18-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the help and would anyone else like to comment?

sugarcaddy
04-18-2003, 08:12 PM
never used the white, but I have used the green Squadron putty for years. I like using it for filling small areas as well as some shaping. The only thing I don't care for is the fact it tends to melt a little of the plastic under it as it drys. Oh and if you have to strip the paint off a body with it on using CLC it will come off the body.

Scott

Add your comment to this topic!