Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4 Racing Seats in a Hatch

AirbagsOnDaHonda
04-16-2003, 08:19 PM
I cant decide what I want to do to the interior of my 92 Si. I was considering putting 4 racing seats in there. What mods, if any would I have to do to put racing seats in place of the back seat? Anything else I should consider before deciding to do this? Thanks.

BoricuaRacer
07-12-2003, 07:18 PM
hey, i have a friend with the same car and i don't recommend that u put 4 seats. 2 maximum and if ur into racing u can take out the back seats which makes the car lighter and put strut bars. either way i think that u don't need to put 4 racing seats, 2 is enough.

Mrock
07-12-2003, 09:47 PM
Yeah...4 is a little bit overkill. If you're serious about racing, then what I'd probably suggest is taking the back seats out, and leaving it at that. If you really want to take them out, and put racing seats in, you probably good, although the back of the seat would probably raise pretty high up...so you might have clearance issues. That, and you'd have to find a way to mount the seat rails..I'm sure some welding would be involved..

AirbagsOnDaHonda
07-13-2003, 06:45 PM
I dont want the back racing seats for racing. If I was gonna race someone, I wouldnt have all the added weight of other people in the car anyways. I just wanted them for looks mainly. (I am NOT a ricer). I decided against the racing seats though. I had another idea: take out my backseat and put in two more front seats. I'm working on it right now, and I'm pretty sure it will work out ok.

Mrock
07-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Good luck. Be sure to take pictures. Talking about these back seats make me happy to not have one in my CRX :)

BullShifter
07-13-2003, 09:28 PM
1 racing seat is enough. When was the last time you saw a race car with 4 seats???? But I guess some people think it looks cool.:iceslolan

My back seat is not in the car, I aint no taxi service.

SuprAutoCivic
07-14-2003, 12:14 AM
Look into Stichcraft in Southern California. They make a killer 1-piece back seat made of two sparco racing seats. It costs like $1,200 though...but you won't see it too often. :D

Add your comment to this topic!