Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

m3 supra conversion

Pages : [1] 2

D2daT2daM
04-16-2003, 04:38 PM
would someone please posts some pics or links with a m3 that has a supra twin turbo engine conversion? never seen em i wanna see!!!!

TKM3
04-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by D2daT2daM
would someone please posts some pics or links with a m3 that has a supra twin turbo engine conversion? never seen em i wanna see!!!!

http://members.shaw.ca/turbofiero/bmw_conversions.htm

Enjoy...

kaoru-tochiro
04-19-2003, 12:48 PM
This is the work of the devil...the devil I tells ya!:devil:

D2daT2daM
04-20-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by TKM3

http://members.shaw.ca/turbofiero/bmw_conversions.htm

Enjoy...

drool drool :flash:

Cookie
07-28-2003, 01:21 AM
Just... Why? why not just buy the supra? The probably intent would be to make a drag M3, so why not jsut get the original car?

ugly kid jon
08-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Buzzy Jap crap in a BMW?!?!?! I don't believe it.:mad:

m3mark
08-04-2003, 10:45 PM
The swap is a very cool and props to the guys who did it 1 but why do it?? I dont get it. :confused:

m3mark
08-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ugly kid jon
Buzzy Jap crap in a BMW?!?!?! I don't believe it.:mad:

Those were supra engines and skylines in those bimmers not some honda B16 or B18. JAPCRAP?? far from it.

ImportNut1212
08-05-2003, 12:10 PM
that site also has the option to drop in an sr20det into an E30.....i'm thinkin about doin this.

psound
08-28-2003, 02:08 PM
that site also has the option to drop in an sr20det into an E30.....i'm thinkin about doin this.

Why ???????????
Tha defeats the whole porpuse this is Horendus, Jap Crap in BMW very sad

MDiGiamm
08-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Just... Why? why not just buy the supra? The probably intent would be to make a drag M3, so why not jsut get the original car?
Hate to tell you this, but a Supra would DEFINITELY be more expensive than that POS bmw he put the engine into.

ugly kid jon
08-31-2003, 08:34 AM
Hate to tell you this, but a Supra would DEFINITELY be more expensive than that POS bmw he put the engine into.

You asshole, that Supra can't handle for shit, and maybe if the M3 engine weighed as much as the Supras it would make more horsepower, what a dip-shit. :loser:

leolo007
09-02-2003, 09:49 PM
People calm down. This is my first post on the BMW forum because I am a "JAP CRAP" lover. or ex lover for that matter because I want to get an M3. But I must still say Japanese engines are bad ass. in the late 80's they were producing 100hp/liter (on the b16 for the dude that called it japcrap). And I dont think there is any engine that can get you most bang/buck when you start modding than the supra engine.

...and maybe if the M3 engine weighed as much as the Supras it would make more horsepower, what a dip-shit...

Where do you get the idea that engine weight has anything to do with HP? :screwy:

ugly kid jon
09-03-2003, 07:53 AM
Where do you get the idea that engine weight has anything to do with HP? :screwy:

if I wanted any shit from you, I would have squeezed your head.
If an engine block has more material (metal), it will flex less and handle more power reliably. Now go to hell. :headshake
and 100 hp per liter, and no torque? I call those engines crap.

leolo007
09-03-2003, 10:52 AM
if I wanted any shit from you, I would have squeezed your head.
If an engine block has more material (metal), it will flex less and handle more power reliably. Now go to hell. :headshake
and 100 hp per liter, and no torque? I call those engines crap.

What the hell are you talking about, you obviously dont have a clue what you are talking about so I recommend you shut the hell up little boy. Go to school and learn some real mechanic stuff. I thought this forum was for serious automotive enthusiast not fast and furious little punks like this kid. Come on now dont be ashamed, how old are you? did you get permission from your parents to subscribe to this forum??

flex less... what the hell!?!?

By the way dumbass I am a mechanic, you want more horsepower out of an engine... you want light weight parts!!!

BLU CIVIC
09-03-2003, 11:02 AM
so much anger in this thread :shakehead wasn't there a thread started a while ago where this guy was selling the complete swap for 3 series....i think he was in cali or florida....but i can't seem to find that thread.....but the prices for the swaps were up there....i think it was like $18K for a 660hp swap :screwy:

ugly kid jon
09-03-2003, 11:49 AM
What the hell are you talking about, you obviously dont have a clue what you are talking about so I recommend you shut the hell up little boy. Go to school and learn some real mechanic stuff. I thought this forum was for serious automotive enthusiast not fast and furious little punks like this kid. Come on now dont be ashamed, how old are you? did you get permission from your parents to subscribe to this forum??

flex less... what the hell!?!?

By the way dumbass I am a mechanic, you want more horsepower out of an engine... you want light weight parts!!!

you are an idiot that doesn't know anything about engines and I suggest you keep to you japcrap cars because you aren't good enough to drive the best.

leolo007
09-03-2003, 12:15 PM
...you aren't good enough to drive the best.

What do you drive??? or should I ask, what does your dad drive??

Dirk Diggler
09-04-2003, 02:19 PM
I think the owner of the BMW has the right to do anything he wants with his car, nice work.

ugly kid jon
09-06-2003, 10:11 AM
I think the owner of the BMW has the right to do anything he wants with his car, nice work.

Great, another moron! Wy don't you go ahead and paint it hot pink?!?! :eek7: maybe the owner would preffer it like that. Listen dipshit why don't you go to the Honda forum where all those faggy guys do shit to their cars and write your suggestionsd there!!!!!! JeeeZ!

farbod
09-06-2003, 11:01 AM
hes no a moron i completely agree with him they can do what they whant

leolo007
09-07-2003, 07:13 AM
hes no a moron i completely agree with him they can do what they whant
I agree with you. I gotta say man, dont listen to what that dumbass ugly dick joe says. He talks and talks and has nothing to back what he says. Look at the rest of his posts. They are all based on his opinion alone. And almost all the time I hear better opinion from my 8yo brother. If there was a way to completely ignore every post he makes I would. Watch him reply with something completely retarded. If he doesnt say anything... well congratulations, it was about time he started growing up.
Leo

farbod
09-07-2003, 07:32 AM
lol nice one

Dirk Diggler
09-08-2003, 08:06 AM
I agree with you. I gotta say man, dont listen to what that dumbass ugly dick joe says. He talks and talks and has nothing to back what he says. Look at the rest of his posts. They are all based on his opinion alone. And almost all the time I hear better opinion from my 8yo brother. If there was a way to completely ignore every post he makes I would. Watch him reply with something completely retarded. If he doesnt say anything... well congratulations, it was about time he started growing up.
Leo

Thanks leolo007 and Farbod, I'm glad to see that not everyone on this forum is a nutcase. :screwy:

farbod
09-08-2003, 11:06 AM
yeh thier realy are some loony people around

:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

BiMMa b0i M3
09-11-2003, 01:40 AM
first off i dont understand why anyone would want to put a supra engine in a bimmer. its like putting a 5.4 hemi in a crx 1.6, it can probably work, but the car would not be able to handle that amount of power. the supra has a lot of torque, and it is incredibly heavy, i dont think that they would be able to go together that well.

Dirk Diggler
09-11-2003, 07:29 AM
yeah, Why not just modify the BMW engine? :killbarne

farbod
09-11-2003, 10:50 AM
yeh its your car you paid for it so you can do what you whant with it

BLU CIVIC
09-11-2003, 11:14 AM
yeh its your car you paid for it so you can do what you whant with it

sssshhhhh....some people don't understand that concept :bloated:

farbod
09-11-2003, 11:17 AM
lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no realy

YOUNGSTER
09-16-2003, 12:36 AM
why havent the mods banned that guy

Dirk Diggler
09-16-2003, 08:08 AM
he's probably not even a BMW owner, he's only in here to make us look bad.

farbod
09-16-2003, 12:33 PM
who me
couse if your talking about me im actualy thinking of buying an M3
and i used to have a 5 series

ugly kid jon
09-16-2003, 12:42 PM
who me
couse if your talking about me im actualy thinking of buying an M3
and i used to have a 5 series

No, he's talking about me, you retard.

So I'm not a BMW owner? I'll have you know I have a garage full of them.

farbod
09-16-2003, 12:49 PM
HEY I'M ON YOUR SIDE
jease man chill out

forget it its my fault i should min my own busyness

ugly kid jon
09-16-2003, 02:33 PM
HEY I'M ON YOUR SIDE
jease man chill out

forget it its my fault i should min my own busyness

Yeah I know, I'm just kidding, check your mailbox, I sent you a PM.

farbod
09-16-2003, 04:42 PM
yo man its ok i read the message it was great

Dirk Diggler
09-17-2003, 07:58 AM
yo man its ok i read the message it was great

Hey Farbod, watch out for Ugly Kid Jon, he's a sick bastard.

farbod
09-17-2003, 11:27 AM
hey back off man leave him alone

:cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya:

Dirk Diggler
09-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Farbod, are you seriously deffending him? Have you read any of his other posts? He's really mean to everybody.

farbod
09-17-2003, 12:22 PM
so its no need to be mean back

Dirk Diggler
09-17-2003, 01:50 PM
What did he send you? I hope it wasn't that disgusting video that he keeps showing to everyone?

need_another_fret
09-17-2003, 02:55 PM
I think that this Leolo007 is a complete asshole without any actual mechanical knowledge! I m a student at the Polytechnic school of Athens (Greece for those who don’t know Geography either) and I am Specializing in combustion Engines. So no matter how I respect what everybody believes I feel that I need to explain something.
An engine’s weight has a great role to play and that happens in two ways! The Lighter the moving parts are the greater the power output since less mechanical work is spent to move the crankshaft, camshafts, valves, and the pistons themselves! Lighter internal (the moving ones) parts of the engine allow greater output and revolution speeds as which result I much greater acceleration. Though a heavier motor can be more durable because it is consisted of thicker metal parts so it can handle greater power! For those who don’t know it the 343 M3 motor has been elected as the greatest motor produced during the years 2001,2002,and 2003 in the range of 3 to 4 Liters. It is a much greater engine than the supra’s one though the aftermarket products in order to make it suitable for drag events are very expensive and hard to find! It has the ability to pull the car even from 1500 revs when Supras need more than 3000 to cope with turbo lag. The power from an inline six cylinder engine is smoother and of course the sound incredible.
The benefits of a lighter engine have to do with transmission. The power at the crankshaft differs a lot from the power that the wheels pass into the roads and weight increases this difference since the extra weight makes the clutch turn more mechanical energy into thermal one. The same exists for Gearboxes and Differentials. So generally speaking a lighter body and engine practically gives us greater power output since the output that affects the performance of our car is this that we count on its wheels (after all this pushes the car). That’s why a lotus with only 120 hp can beat a 240 hp S2000 although the lotus doesn’t have half the weight!
As far as the “it’s my car and I do what I want” is concerned it is an established right! Though I believe that those who pink an M3 pink just don’t deserve it! A BMW is a classic car for those that know what they ask for! It needs some respect! If you want to turn it into a monster at least remove the M3 logo from the back! It is a shame for those great German mechanics to destroy something that carries their signature!

No bad feelings
Gabriel Tassiopoulos
:screwy: :banghead: :ylsuper: :useless:

farbod
09-17-2003, 03:16 PM
wow thats amazing

Dirk Diggler
09-17-2003, 03:33 PM
That was awesome!

need_another_fret
09-17-2003, 03:37 PM
What do you mean?

farbod
09-17-2003, 03:45 PM
where did you get that info from

need_another_fret
09-17-2003, 04:17 PM
Actually it is part of what I am studying at uni during the last 4 years. There are lots of resources on the net tho! Those who really want to learn things can easily find out... :cool:

farbod
09-17-2003, 04:19 PM
cool what do you do at uni

need_another_fret
09-18-2003, 05:13 AM
Actually I am studying mechanology. Including physics,maths,material attributes, flow dynamics,aerodynamics and combustion.I took my degree this summer and now I m speciallizing in means of transportation and especially those with combustion engines. In order to get our degree we had to make our own project (my team). We finally made a 1970 scarabeo with Audi RS4 Engine and an output of 470 hps. The goodies on it included 18'' wheels 14' brakes,carbon fibre ody parts and interior leather trip (0-600 in 4.1 is representive).After all it was sold to a collector at the price of $140.000 part of which allowed me to buy my beloved M3 E46.

farbod
09-18-2003, 10:43 AM
cool
is it eny fun

need_another_fret
09-18-2003, 03:10 PM
If you are really sick,loving engines and automotive as much as I do,it is the heaven my friend! Otherwize just another hard way to pass your time!

farbod
09-18-2003, 03:59 PM
sure what ever man

:useless:

Sam I am
10-01-2003, 11:21 AM
sure what ever man

:useless:

Farbod! That wasn't very nice!

farbod
10-01-2003, 11:57 AM
sorry
i didnt mean it

leolo007
10-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Actually I am studying mechanology. Including physics,maths,material attributes, flow dynamics,aerodynamics and combustion.I took my degree this summer and now I m speciallizing in means of transportation and especially those with combustion engines. In order to get our degree we had to make our own project (my team). We finally made a 1970 scarabeo with Audi RS4 Engine and an output of 470 hps. The goodies on it included 18'' wheels 14' brakes,carbon fibre ody parts and interior leather trip (0-600 in 4.1 is representive).After all it was sold to a collector at the price of $140.000 part of which allowed me to buy my beloved M3 E46.

Audi RS4 engine?? Did you guys have a budget?

farbod
10-01-2003, 01:36 PM
what is wrong with the RS4 Engine

leolo007
10-01-2003, 01:52 PM
I think that this Leolo007 is a complete asshole without any actual mechanical knowledge! I m a student at the Polytechnic school of Athens (Greece for those who don’t know Geography either) and I am Specializing in combustion Engines. So no matter how I respect what everybody believes I feel that I need to explain something.
An engine’s weight has a great role to play and that happens in two ways! The Lighter the moving parts are the greater the power output since less mechanical work is spent to move the crankshaft, camshafts, valves, and the pistons themselves! Lighter internal (the moving ones) parts of the engine allow greater output and revolution speeds as which result I much greater acceleration. Though a heavier motor can be more durable because it is consisted of thicker metal parts so it can handle greater power! For those who don’t know it the 343 M3 motor has been elected as the greatest motor produced during the years 2001,2002,and 2003 in the range of 3 to 4 Liters. It is a much greater engine than the supra’s one though the aftermarket products in order to make it suitable for drag events are very expensive and hard to find! It has the ability to pull the car even from 1500 revs when Supras need more than 3000 to cope with turbo lag. The power from an inline six cylinder engine is smoother and of course the sound incredible.
The benefits of a lighter engine have to do with transmission. The power at the crankshaft differs a lot from the power that the wheels pass into the roads and weight increases this difference since the extra weight makes the clutch turn more mechanical energy into thermal one. The same exists for Gearboxes and Differentials. So generally speaking a lighter body and engine practically gives us greater power output since the output that affects the performance of our car is this that we count on its wheels (after all this pushes the car). That’s why a lotus with only 120 hp can beat a 240 hp S2000 although the lotus doesn’t have half the weight!
As far as the “it’s my car and I do what I want” is concerned it is an established right! Though I believe that those who pink an M3 pink just don’t deserve it! A BMW is a classic car for those that know what they ask for! It needs some respect! If you want to turn it into a monster at least remove the M3 logo from the back! It is a shame for those great German mechanics to destroy something that carries their signature!

No bad feelings
Gabriel Tassiopoulos
:screwy: :banghead: :ylsuper: :useless:
I got some things to say to you Mr. I have a degree from who knows where:
-Why are you calling me an asshole? By the way if you read correctly I said that lighter engine parts are better.
-The Lotus you speak of I believe has 140hp and is mid engine so it uses a FWD type tranny which losses less power than a RWD tranny like the S200 does.
-Who elected the M3 motor as the better motor produced? And what were they looking at, engineering, reliability, power output?
-The Supra also has inline six.
-How come you see so many supras drag racing and little (I have seen none) M3's drag racing? Yeah you see M3s autocrossing but we are talking about engines here not cars.
-I bet I can find 10 people that have over 1000hp supra engines faster than you can come up with one M3 owner.

IMO Supra engine is better if what you are looking for is higher power output. No Doubt!!

leolo007
10-01-2003, 02:02 PM
what is wrong with the RS4 Engine
There is nothing wrong with it. Its a college project and they have that engine, 18"wheels, 14" brakes, carbon fiber body parts, which must have been costum made. I dont find the story believeable, how much money where you allowed to spend? All these projects always have a budget.

Sam I am
10-01-2003, 02:24 PM
I got some things to say to you Mr. I have a degree from who knows where:
-Why are you calling me an asshole?

Probably because you are one, you just have not noticed yet. :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!