Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Help!

k1dd101
03-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Hi,
Just found this forum and I'm in disparate need of help.
I'm looking to buy a car and my budget is $30,000 USD. I have been looking around/researching and I came up with the following cars:

Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s 2010
Convenience and Premium Package which comes up to be roughly $27,000 - 1,000 for owning Toyota (If I do good job at bargaining, maybe it might end up with 24,000 or something).
They also have 0% apr which is a big plus.

Volkswagen CC 2010 (Luxury)
This car ends up to be 34k. Maybe I can ask a friend to work his magic to lower the price - not sure if this is possible.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2010
This car is roughly 25K premium - nothing special.

What do you guys think? Which car is the best from the list? If you think there are better choices out there which meets the budget then please do tell. I can also look into an old car. I was thinking of Audi A4 2008, but then I read some bad review on cnet.com.

Thx in advance :biggrin:

akboss
03-16-2010, 08:03 AM
It's tough to make a suggestion if we don't know what you're looking for. If you have listed 2 sports coupes and a 4-door, coupe-like sedan, I'm guessing you're not worried about hauling around lots of people, and fairly concerned about appearance, as all those cars are stylish.

From your list, I'd have to say that the Altima is a solid buy. I'm a big fan of the VW Passat CC, and would choose this in a heartbeat, but the price is nearing the top of your budget and the warranty is shorter on VW's than some of your other options. The nice thing about Hyundai is the excellent manufacturers warranty, and while the Genesis Coupe is an excellent car, I think you might find the interior fit-and-finish falls short of the other cars on your list. That leaves me thinking the Altima, with its 2010 refreshed looks, is the best all-rounder. The 2.5 is a good motor that is balanced, smooth and efficient, and opting for the 4-cylinder allows you to put more money towards luxury options like leather/sunroof.

Some others to consider could be the upcoming 2011 Ford Mustang V6, Honda Accord Coupe, or the all-new Hyundai Sonata sedan.

Used cars tend to have a much higher interest rate, so unless you had a large amount as down payment, or were looking at significantly older vehicles, I would stay away.

Ray paulsen
03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
" akboss " provided an excellent answer to your question and I personally respect his knowleadge having answered many questions in this forum regarding performance and speck, however I would like to take your question in a different direction.

Are you putting the cart before the horse ? have you test driven these 3 models ? or are you shopping price at this stage ?

Buying a brand new vehicle compared to a pre-owned is a piece of cake if the right steps are followed " example " manufacturers incentives have a time frame, they come with an expiry date, should it be the vehicle of interest at the time it will most likely be a very valid deal.

Understanding the window sticker is a must when shopping for fair value, if interested check this link http://www.usedcartips.org/invoicecost.html , I can't tell you which car suits your lifestyle, but when you find it feel free to run it by me to ensure best value for your bucks.

k1dd101
03-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the quick replies.
Ray paulsen, I went through the website you mentioned, and I must say its very informative.
I'm mainly looking for luxury/fuel eco/stylish (coupe or sedan)/techno filled car under 30k. I tried to look at the 2011 Mustang but couldn't find any information.
I'm currently looking at Acura TSX 2010. I'm hoping a dealer can bring down the price from 31k to 29ish when I go check it out this weekend.

akboss
03-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the quick replies.
Ray paulsen, I went through the website you mentioned, and I must say its very informative.
I'm mainly looking for luxury/fuel eco/stylish (coupe or sedan)/techno filled car under 30k. I tried to look at the 2011 Mustang but couldn't find any information.
I'm currently looking at Acura TSX 2010. I'm hoping a dealer can bring down the price from 31k to 29ish when I go check it out this weekend.

It's a big ask with Acura - I know most of the lots here in Canada won't mark them down more than $500, they are a hot car because they offer most of what comes in the TL but at a lower price. Could you really live with that front end though? Blah! Ha ha :iceslolan

The 2011 Mustang will have 300 horsepower and get upwards of 30 mpg, so says Ford. Plus, it still looks great.

Add your comment to this topic!