Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Buyer beware!!!

Chevyguy1958
03-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Do not buy from this company! I ordered a set of wheels for my wife`s Audi from this company and they assured me not once but on two different occasions they would fit and if for some reason they didn`t I could return them without any restocking, shipping charges etc. Needless to say they didn`t fit and now Kasa Auto Parts is refusing to give us a full refund!!! In fact they wouldn`t even contact us to resolve this matter until we finally had the credit card charges reversed!

BBB Rating for KASA Auto Parts, LLC

Based on BBB files, KASA Auto Parts, LLC has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.

Reasons for this rating include:
Failure to honor commitment to arbitrate or mediate disputes.
34 complaints filed against business
BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
One complaint filed against business that was not resolved.
Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

Customers have alleged the company shipped them incorrect or defective parts. Some of these customers have reported problems receiving refunds. In some cases, customers have stated they were informed a 25% restocking fee would still apply.

The company has responded to complaints presented by the Better Business Bureau. In some instances they have stated they shipped the correct item and the customer was only due a refund less the 25% restocking fee.

Business Contact and Profile for KASA Auto Parts, LLC

Name: KASA Auto Parts, LLC
Phone: (612) 524-5435
Fax: (612) 524-5402
Address: 800 Nicollet Mall
Suite #1180
Minneapolis, MN 55402-7030
www.myhotranger.com
www.streetbeatcustoms.com
www.myhotmustang.com
www.autodirectsave.com
www.yourhotcar.com
www.myhotram.com

Principal: Mr. Scott Bostrom, Controller
Customer Contact: Mr. Scott Bostrom, Controller - (612) 524-5435
Entity: Limited Liability Company
File Open Date: December 2008
Type of Business: Auto Perform, Race & Sport Equipment, Auto Parts & Supplies-New

BBB Accreditation: KASA Auto Parts, LLC is not a BBB Accredited business.
Additional DBA Names:
Street Beat Customs
Performance Chips Direct
MyHotRam
MyHotRanger
MyHotMustang
YourHotCar
MyHotAudi
MyHotMercedes
MyHotBMW

Products and Services of KASA Auto Parts, LLC

According to information supplied by the company, KASA Auto Parts offers internet retail of automobile parts and accessories.

Additional Locations and Phone Numbers

Additional Addresses
3223 Fairchild Ave.
Wayzata, MN 55391
Tel: (612) 524-5411

500 East Grant St. #704
Minneapolis, MN 55404

1920 S. 1st St.
Suite #802
Minneapolis, MN 55454
Tel: (866) 760-0564

Additional Phone Numbers
+ 612 (9)
+ 866 (4)

Customer Complaint History for KASA Auto Parts, LLC

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 48 complaints about KASA Auto Parts, LLC in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 34 complaints closed in 36 months, 32 were closed in the last year.

These complaints concerned :
2 regarding Billing or Collection Issues
7 regarding Delivery Issues
1 regarding Guarantee or Warranty Issues
7 regarding Product Issues
15 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
2 regarding Sales Practice Issues

These complaints were closed as:
14 Resolved
19 Administratively Closed
1 Unresolved

akboss
03-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Sounds like you're pretty pissed your rims didn't fit. I agree, that sucks, but I'm guessing the restocking fee was disclosed in the 'fine print' before you bought. I'm sorry, buying rims and having them shipped? That's just not a good idea...take your car to a reputable shop, have them sized and fitted while you are there and can see the work being done, and chances are they will be more than happy to resolve any issues that occur. Shop local and read the fine print before you hand your money over to anybody...

Chevyguy1958
03-12-2010, 10:27 PM
That`s true. The fine print did state that there would be a restocking fee which I could accept if I had changed my mind about the wheels. But before I made my purchase I specifically asked the salesman on two different occasions if for some reason the wheels didn`t fit would I have to pay any re stocking fees or shipping charges and was told no both times. They finally contacted me today requesting their wheels back but want ME to pay the $150.00 shipping charges for wheels that didn`t fit our car! When I refused they told me they will file a police report if I didn`t pay the shipping charges! This could end up being a case for Judge Judy!

Hahahell
09-10-2010, 05:37 PM
They just screwed me too!! I'm so furious I don't know what to do. I placed an order for HID light and when I hit submit it said nothing was in my basket so I ordered again. In less than a minute I get 2 emails for 2 orders. I immediately get on the phone and call to cancel. The customer service guy assures me they are cancelled and they won't even be pulled because it had only been 5 minutes. We start to talk about my second order and he tells me that we need to change somr things because their computer system has it wrong. We decide to order 2 8000K bulbs at $140 and a fog light kit at $79. I never get the corrected emails so I start calling. In 3 days I call about 5 times and am assurred that the order was cancelled. ON the 8th I get an email saying that part of the first order was shipping and part of the second order was shipping. I call them back and they tell me that I have to pay for it to be returned to them once it gets here and pay a 25% restocking fee on the first order. On the second order that was taken by the salesman on the phone they are sending me 2 replacement factory bulbs just like the ones already in my car for $140 and 2 kits for $191. I call them and they tell me that once again I need to send them back at my expense and pay 25% restocking fee even though it was their fault. I asked to speak to a manager and this prick Derek say hold on. The "manager" "David" comes to the phone and talks for a couple of minutes, tells me to hold on second and transfers me to some guy named Luke's voicemail and hangs up in my face. I call back and ask to speak with David and I can hear laughter going on in the background as he says hold on and hangs up in may face again. I call a third time and by now I'm really pissed!! A guy named Craig answers the phone and I tell him I don't know what kind of game you're playing but I need to speak to David "the manager"!! He tells me that no one name David works there and they don't have managers and the phone conversations are not recorded. I explain to him what is happening and why I'm so pissed and he puts me on hold to see if he can get the restocking fees waived. He comes back and says the OWNER Max said keep ALL fees. I try to have Max to call me but he doesn't. I call back once more and they hang up in my face AGAIN!! I try to track these packages and the USPS has no record of them!! I used my debit card so I don't know if they could help. I am so pissed I could drive there and really do something bad to them and I'm in Alabama!!! I will see if any of this useless crap shows up tomorrow. If not.. someone give me some legal advice because I have terrible things going through my head right now!!:banghead::feedback::angryfire

Chevyguy1958
09-10-2010, 06:16 PM
It`s unfortunate this company keeps getting away with this kind of business practice. All we can do is spread the word about these guys and hope consumers read the reviews about them before deciding to make a purchase from them. As for your situation..... all I can suggest is contacting your bank and see if you can have the charges cancelled. You will probably have to put something in writing for the bank but it`s worth it. And if you get the charges cancelled and they try and re charge you again (and most likely they will) just keep canceling the charges. Also keep written documentation of everything you do including time/date and exact conversations you had with them. Your bank may want these things. Good Luck.

Add your comment to this topic!