Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

have a problem with my 91 talon

talon1991
03-11-2010, 05:05 PM
i have a 91 talon non turbo its have some problems ok well it wont stay started and its lacks power like wen i get it started n start driving it the car holds back alot. n then we i come to a stop n push the clutch in the car stalls n then it wont start back up..
so far i cleanned the throttle body n egr n idle control valve. n the vacuum lines
but wen its started i took the 3 vacuums off the top of the throttle body n didnt change the idle at all.
isnt it supposed to tho.. i cant figure out whats wrong so please help
thanks

SilvrEclipse
03-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Welcome to AF.

Please use some better grammar man, your post is hard to read and understand whats going on. The better we understand your problem the better we can help you.

Does the car have a check engine light on?

talon1991
03-12-2010, 11:58 AM
no theres no check engine light on at all.
oh sorry about the grammer earlier i was at work and had to write it fast.
so sorry about that man.

ned032002
03-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Please re-explain your problem so we can help figure this out.

SilvrEclipse
03-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Is this the 1.8l motor or the or the 2.0l? Does the car have a MAF on it? If so maybe air is getting around it so the motor is getting unmetered air causing it to run lean.

talon1991
03-12-2010, 07:12 PM
well it has the 2.0l n/t

the problems are:
when you start it up its running fine but wen u get in the car and push the clutch in to move its stalls out. then it wont start back up and drains the battery.
the starter finally went on it yesterday it like locked up. it has a push button start i dont know if that could be a reason for the battery draining or not?

someone told me it could b the clutch but i just replaced it like a week ago. could that b the problem?

SilvrEclipse
03-12-2010, 09:47 PM
So now you cant even drive it? It sounded like in your first post that it would drive but just sluggish.

From you last post it sounds like it runs fine but as soon as you push the clutch in it will stall or do you have to put it in gear before it will stall.

talon1991
03-12-2010, 10:14 PM
well no its just sluggish and has no power when im driving it.
and it dont have to be in gear
it can b just running and idleing fine then when i get in and try to move it, i push the clutch in and it stalls out.
then it wont start back up.. it like drains the battery

SilvrEclipse
03-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Have you given the battery a good charge and checked to make sure the alternator is charging?

talon1991
03-13-2010, 12:09 AM
well i no the batterys nice n charged up but im not really sure about the alternator thought.
but the starter locked up so i need to get a new 1 tomorrow n check it out.. ill let you no then

65 Stingray
03-13-2010, 12:27 AM
I had a mits eclipse and started doing the same thing. I took it to the mits shop and many dollars later, was told the alternator was shot. Well, after that little ride, I had it fixed and got rid of it.

edit.... Oh yea... it would drain the battery over night.

talon1991
03-13-2010, 09:35 PM
ok well i just got some parts off my buddy of mine.
i got a starter , a alternator, gas tank and a intake mani. wm throttle body off a 94 talon so i hope it matches up.
will it? i have a 90 talon.
but ill let u guys no how it goes.

talon1991
03-19-2010, 09:13 PM
ok guys
heres the problem now.
my 1991 talon non turbo is still really sluggish n holds back power
i just put a differant starter on it, a bosch alternator and some diff. spark plug wires.
i took my 91 thottle body out of it and put a 90 throttle body on it.. its way differant but it runs tho..
like i had it running for like a hour today it was idleing a little bit wierd like its fluttering n trying to stay started it almost sounds like there a vaccum leak some where but i couldnt find any at all.
but then i walked into my garage and it like cut out n stalled.
i dont know where else to look for the problem.
need some help guys
thanks

Add your comment to this topic!