2001 rodeo pcm or ecm needs to be programmed

foozball53bjc
03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I have a 2001 rodeo 4cyl 2.2. I need help, my mechanic is a great guy and trying to help me out. My problem is i have an engine light on its is giving off 3 codes. One of these codes is a recall in 2003 for the ecm/pcm to be updated or reprogrammed. I live in central massachusetts and there are not any isuzu dealers around who will do this. My mechanic will pull the unit for me but we need to find where we could bring it or send it to get it done. Does anyone know of any where or place that i could send it. Thanks for the help.

Cat Fuzz
03-11-2010, 07:00 PM
I'd be interested in knowing exactly what the codes are. I've never heard of a code that directs you to re-program the ECM.

LostCube
03-12-2010, 01:33 AM
http://www.isuzu.com/dw/websites?dealerCode=19044&idpdealer=false

1 Hour away... might be worth the trip

foozball53bjc
03-12-2010, 01:51 PM
The codes it is kicking from my rejection sticker are p0461, p0463, and p1627. I know it all might have to do with the sending unit. I replaced the whole pump with an after market one (airtex) because i had the typical fuel gage problem everyone else has. That was about 3 months ago and it didn't fix my gauge at all. I had to cut the wires for the new plug, is it a chance I crossed some wires? I used the same colors to each other but could the after market colors be different than the cars? If so how should i test the wires to get the right ones where they need to be? My mechanic seems to think it is the pcm because of the p1627 code, and we should get it reprogrammed. Even if I have to buy a new one it would still have to be programmed. So I am in a little bit of a pickle. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Add your comment to this topic!