Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Day time running lights

jthomp23777
03-10-2010, 06:00 PM
2001 Tahoe, I had one front running light go out, other was working. I went ahead and replaced both bulbs on both sides.Now none of the running lights work. It's apparent that the socket gets alot of heat from the browning and brittleness of the socket. I haven't done a voltage test yet on the socket, just wondering any ideas or personnel related problem.

bass_caster
03-11-2010, 03:32 AM
i have a 2000 nbs tahoe with the same problem. one or both drl would burn out. i got to the point where i just took the 2 bulbs out and drive without the drl. if you look at the tahoes, suburbans, and silverados from that timeframe, atleast half of them have one or both of the drl lights burned out. i gave up a long time ago

capone530
04-09-2010, 02:18 PM
i have the same problem on my silverado..i replaced my bulbs and now nothing works..i'd love to have my bulbs work again...any ideas?

roadrunner2
04-09-2010, 07:56 PM
i have the same problem on my silverado..i replaced my bulbs and now nothing works..i'd love to have my bulbs work again...any ideas?

I have an '02 but no problem with lights.

What I can suggest is looking for faulty wiring between the switch and bulbs and/or between the bulbs/sockets, perhaps there is a wire rubbing on metal somewhere.

Turn the DRLs on and follow the wiring with a continuity tester.

Add your comment to this topic!