Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car update...

CassiesMan
03-09-2010, 10:33 PM
So I talked to the tech from the dealership today. Mazda has decided to do a warranty claim on my Speed. Due to the mileage, the tech advised Mazda Technical that there might be too much wear on the head, so it would just be better for them to give me a whole new motor. So, the Speed3 is getting a fresh, 0 miles motor in her sometime this week. Once I get it back, downpipe is going on, and then a tuner and boost tubes and she'll be done as far as power goes. I'm trying to work it out so that I can get a new clutch or flywheel while we are at it.

For the time being, I'm driving an epically amazing super powered Silver Mazda3i, which I have christened the Silver Bullet.

TorchedStealth
03-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Yay for warrantee! I lost mine long ago lol. Glad it all worked out for you though, and beat the living hell out of the silver bullet!

VR43000GT
03-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Nice to have a warranty. :( Was planning on putting some DR-500's in my car soon on stock injectors with a walboro or supra pump but they sold to soon. Had money ready and all. Matt M. ran a 11.5 on stock fuel on 91 octane @ 5200ft with them but I'm not much of a numbers guy as I never go to the track and don't really have a need to spit out my numbers. Right now I am near full BPU which is still a good mid to high 12 second car for a good driver as a measurement. Right now, I think I am going to do some clean aesthetic mods which are still pricey as all hell.

TorchedStealth
03-11-2010, 11:30 AM
You and me are both in the money spending mood alex! :lol: This weekend I am having my wheels powdercoated gloss black, and im ordering my B&G springs next week. Soon I am getting all the windows tinted as well, so I should be covered for cosmetic stuff after that for a while. Then I am ordering rotated trans mounts to eliminate wheel hop and a dual pass endplate for my intake manifold to keep intake temps down a bit more.

Polygon
03-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Damn! I want a new engine.

That kicks ass man. Can't wait to see some pics when you're done.

CassiesMan
03-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Oh, I should be getting it back Monday. I'm getting new lower control arms as well.

CassiesMan
03-23-2010, 01:37 AM
And the car is back. Except for the intercooler, new EVERYTHING...including clutch. That was nice. Car seems much better, I just need to get a boost gauge hooked up real fast to see if this has solved my other problems. I'm pretty sure it has. Car pulls much smoother, tracks dead on (replaced entire front suspension)...just need to get a few small things fixed up and we'll be right back on track.

TorchedStealth
03-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Good to hear you pretty much have a new car again!

CassiesMan
03-23-2010, 01:15 PM
I need to get reused to the clutch again. Feels completely different. Getting her dyno'd with a fresh working motor on Friday, hope it all goes better than it did last time.

Add your comment to this topic!