Rear Wiper Won't Turn Off

alabamatx
03-09-2010, 09:25 AM
DW just called from the freeway and told me that her 2001 GCL rear wipers won't turn off. I obviously haven't had a chance to check it, but all my suggestions about turning the car off, switching on & off, etc. haven't helped.
Anybody ever encounter this problem?
Is the rear wiper on it's own fuse?
She's afraid that the column stalk switches are crapping out and the next thing will be the front wipers. Is it hard to replace?
Thanks for any advice.

Pottster
03-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Mine just started the same thing, Did you ever figure out the problem?

niceguy_1920
04-01-2011, 04:34 PM
i have no idea but mine did the same thing, actually a little bit more. i was going to work one morning and turned on the wiper and wash the back windscreen and that was it......the thing did not want to turn off until i shut down the car. i thought nothing of it and believed that it would have stopped on its own, to make a long story short, it didn't and eventually the acm under the dash burnt up. i replaced it with one that i had off of an old rodeo and replaced all the fuses that poped at the same time that the acm burnt. now when i put in the fuse for the horn it stays on. i'm wondering if there is some kind of electrical short going on there. any suggestions would be great..... thanks

Add your comment to this topic!