Distributer HELP PLEASE!!

Mean_B16
04-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Does anybody know of a good place (if any) to buy rebuilt distributers for B series motors?? I can't find anyone local around here and I am not about to use one from Pep boys or autozone. I basically need a new 94-94 GS-R distributer but I am kind of broke right now, So if I can find a quality honda distributer rebuilder this may save me a handful of cash. Can anybody help me or am I stuck having to purchase one from acura??? Any ideas are grately appreciated!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

hondacivic4drlx
04-14-2003, 06:30 AM
JAPAN

Mean_B16
04-14-2003, 12:17 PM
So I guess I should just fly to Japan to pick one up huh? after shipping I don't really think I could find a good price on a rebuilt one even if I could find one over there, do you have any phone numbers or websites or was that just a post to waste space??

Marasmus
04-21-2003, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't touch a rebuilt distributor, even if it was free! If it was rebuilt, it's cause there was something seriously wrong with it in the first place.

If you need more than a cap and rotor, the only way to go without risking your entire engine is with a new one from honda. All of the DOHC B series should have the same distributor. You'll probably get charged a lot of money, but that's the price of performance imports...

whtteg
04-23-2003, 09:34 PM
What is wrong with yours? They are simple to take apart and replace parts, unles the shaft is messed up or ythe bearings are worn or damaged. I have done this before so I may be able to help.

Add your comment to this topic!