Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

boost gauge help...

casperyaj
03-07-2010, 05:18 PM
hello, i have a question, i was looking around forums and can't find an answer, unless i missed it, but my boost gauge on my dash board isn't working, does anyone know whats wrong with it, or if there is a post on forums if there is can someone point me to it, oh and its a 2000 GTP aruond 177k miles on it....

besides that about a week ago, i floor the gas paddle to get into freeway lane, after that the car makes a werid noise and the service engine came on, the car would jerk when going from 1st to 2nd hard, but after a while the car stops doing that and the service engine light went off..ever since it stop, what could the problem be, thank you

casperyaj
03-08-2010, 02:22 PM
can anyone help me? and oh today i ghetto install an high flow air filter but its not a short one, its one of them long ones, is there any diffrence?

Mickey#1
03-08-2010, 02:55 PM
If the Grand Prix is the same as the Bonnevilles then the boost gauge sensor (MAP sensor) gets vacuum from a line under the supercharger snout. There's actually a T under the snout, one side goes to the MAP sensors & the other side goes to the fuel pressure regulator. Check the vacuum lines & T. Let us know what you find.

casperyaj
03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
If the Grand Prix is the same as the Bonnevilles then the boost gauge sensor (MAP sensor) gets vacuum from a line under the supercharger snout. There's actually a T under the snout, one side goes to the MAP sensors & the other side goes to the fuel pressure regulator. Check the vacuum lines & T. Let us know what you find.

thanks ill check tommorow since its outside, but does anyone here know more of what i ask? thanks yah

casperyaj
03-09-2010, 10:16 AM
i check the T connection to the fuel regulator under the snout and its still connect but why wont my stock boost gauge get any readings?

andretti
03-09-2010, 07:12 PM
According to All-Data, your boost gauge is electronic receiving information thru a serial data line. Possible it's related the the MIL lamp on/off and prior drivability issue you had.

I would try to retrieve some current or history codes first.

Add your comment to this topic!