Page updated on 09-20-2017

Best car for roadtrip USA?

CARFANATIC1
03-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi guys,

Friends and I are going to make a roadtrip in California this summer. We are with 4 guys and 4 suitcases/bags and we are wondering what car is the best to rent qua size, rear seats, trunk and engine power. Also the most reliable car..

We are looking at 4 different cars to rent through Alamo, these are the only options we have:

- Chevrolet Impala
- Chrevolet Malibu
- Nissan Maxima
- Buick Lucerne

We appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Bob

akboss
03-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi guys,

Friends and I are going to make a roadtrip in California this summer. We are with 4 guys and 4 suitcases/bags and we are wondering what car is the best to rent qua size, rear seats, trunk and engine power. Also the most reliable car..

We are looking at 4 different cars to rent through Alamo, these are the only options we have:

- Chevrolet Impala
- Chrevolet Malibu
- Nissan Maxima
- Buick Lucerne

We appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Bob

Well, you could probably save some money by getting in an Impala or Malibu, but if it's all four equally, it would be between the Lucerne or the Maxima.

Personally, I'd take the Maxima, assuming it's a brand-new one. Comfortable to drive but still lively behind the wheel, quiet, big enough for all your gear, and vastly more entertaining for the driver, plus a lot more modern and high-tech than the Buick.

If space/serenity is most important, then you may be happier with the Buick. It would be the largest and likely the quietest. Both powertrains are comparable, power should be ample in either one and gas about the same.
The Buick is a typical marshmallow to drive though, really lazy in the turns, jube-jube suspenion and, as always, whisper quiet interior.

4 guys, get the Maxima...definitely got more attitude than a Buick and just as comfortable.

butikmoii
03-08-2010, 05:51 AM
For me guys I think Buick Lucerne!

akboss
03-08-2010, 07:40 AM
For me guys I think Buick Lucerne!

Why? IMO, the Maxima is a better car in just about every aspect other than sheer scale.

denosn
05-28-2012, 02:23 AM
I think Nissan Maxima is the best car for road trip USA.

dizzle1
07-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Definitely the Maxima the rest are generic family sedans from G.M, the Maxima is the driver's car here. But that CVT/braking distance/low mpg are the killers.

Add your comment to this topic!