+ 200 hp!

chiccokaiser1
03-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Hello,
I bought on ebay a cookie (it looks like it..) to mount in parallel on the IAT sensor. Now, they say it adds 200hp and improves mpg, I say it was really cheap and I wanted to try it. Car engine after a few miles warm-up got way more nervous, it didn't effect mpg but only power in the end. What is this compound? A resistor playing with car injection as if you were driving in a cold climate to let it blow a lot of gas to the engine?
Thanks

maxwedge
03-07-2010, 11:49 AM
A cookie, never heard of this, the iat sensor. has little effect on fuel mixture, not enough either way tio gain or loose performance. 200 hp, where is the joke here!?

Jethro
03-07-2010, 12:08 PM
it must be one of them cookies that generates hydrogen fuel and acetone emmitants. gotcha haha

chiccokaiser1
03-07-2010, 01:47 PM
You are definitely right, it is a joke even if it had some effect on engine power in the end. As I connected it, car didn't idle for a while, fuel mixture was wrong, clear. I don't think it injects some kind of nuclear power in the intake manifolds... For 20 bucks including shipment what can you pretend?? I think your answers are correct, it has aq little effect on fule mixture so that you can feel a little difference. Just hope not to cook engine or cat.

jdmccright
03-17-2010, 10:00 AM
It plugs into the Mass Air Flow sensor and fools the computer into thinking there's more air going into the engine than there really is...making the computer add more fuel. You'll get a slight bump in hp, but you'll take a bigger hit in fuel mileage.

chiccokaiser1
03-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Right, it has to blow more gas into engine, no gifts or extraterrestrial energy sources... I'll put a little switch on this stupid cookie to disconnect it quickly and make some testing.
Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!