Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FelPro Head Gasket..Which Side Up

phantom1131
03-05-2010, 09:13 PM
2001 3.4 venture

gasket 9071PT....does not say on gasket and no instructions came with it...did a search on federal mogul website and found nothing...a search on AF people are saying blue or side with writing up....

if i match it to factory one that came off it has to go blue side down...

anybody know which way it goes or if it matters???

firebirdman81
03-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I used Fel-Pro on my 99 Venture and it seemed to do the job. It was done back in 2004 or 2005 so I really can't remember very well which side faces down. I believe the non shiny side if there is one goes towards the top. If there seems to be no difference then I'd say it doesn't matter what side faces up. Looking at the date of your post, I'd say you have already done the job long ago.

phantom1131
03-06-2010, 12:31 AM
I used Fel-Pro on my 99 Venture and it seemed to do the job. It was done back in 2004 or 2005 so I really can't remember very well which side faces down. I believe the non shiny side if there is one goes towards the top. If there seems to be no difference then I'd say it doesn't matter what side faces up. Looking at the date of your post, I'd say you have already done the job long ago.

i posted 1 hour before your response...still waiting on a part to finish this job..was just wondering about gasket side and dowel pins(another thread)

Add your comment to this topic!