Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 over head light

cratercmc
03-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Hello today on my neon I noticed after shutting my door that my overhead light didn't turn off like it's supposed to. I'm thinking it's the relay but i'm not sure anyone have any suggestions that it could be other then the relay? Also I've found unpluging the battery seems to turn it off also.

Thanks!
:sarcasmsign:

Oldsmobile Doctor
03-04-2010, 07:59 AM
There is a time out relay and a time delay in fuse block on the left side of the dash.

cratercmc
03-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Well I looked into the issue a bit and found out it was just the dash dim was locked I guess I bumped it a bit and locked it. Thanks for the answer though I also posted this question on a dodge forum and got no reply's this forum continues to surprise me that even the slightest issue gets a reply.

mikeburrit01
04-17-2010, 11:47 PM
I just bought a 96 neon and i noticed that the overhead light doesn't turn on with the door opening but i can turn it on by turning the knob by hand. Is there some way to turn this feature on or am i just unfortunate enough to not have this?

Oldsmobile Doctor
04-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Replace the door jam switches

GeekDriverz
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Hello today on my neon I noticed after shutting my door that my overhead hid light kits (http://electronicfiend.com/hid-kits/) didn't turn off like it's supposed to. I'm thinking it's the relay but i'm not sure anyone have any suggestions that it could be other then the relay? Also I've found unpluging the battery seems to turn it off also.

Thanks!
:sarcasmsign:

Go with replacing the door jam switches, see if that works.

Add your comment to this topic!