WRX motor in Integra???

bcsintegra
04-13-2003, 12:24 PM
I have just finished rebuilding the motor in my 99 Integra GSR. It has a LS block and has been bored, and a GSR head. I just got it redone because the jack ass that had it before me built it and put the #1 rod cap on the #4 piston. Now it is leaking a little bit of oil and I am getting tired of messing with it. I don't know whether a WRX turbo motor will fit in it, because I want to go turbo, but it would be nice if I could get it from the factory like that? (HINT: Honda) Should I go with another B18C1 or with a H20 or H22A?

k_dog
04-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Ummm...it wouldnt work w/o MAJOR conversions to the chassis and the axils wuld have to be converted. You know why??? The WRX engine is an In-Line AWD Drivetrain engine and the GSR is a FF....wouldnt be worth it IMO.
Brian

Deakins
04-13-2003, 01:00 PM
No, the WRX engine is a boxer engine.

liquid8
04-15-2003, 11:52 AM
you might as well get an h22 and turbo or b series and turbo. you would get way more power out of it with the same money spent on wrx motor.

crxlvr
04-15-2003, 12:42 PM
the cost of converting everything over to run properly, would prolly cost you more than just buying the wrx.

tenzoracerevovii
04-16-2003, 12:01 AM
man just thinking about that kind of conversion gives you a headache. FF to AWD? inline-4 to flat-4? you think hasport might make mounts for this swap? :D yeah man. if you think about it, with all that money you just build up a h22a/b18c1 turbo. actually, you could probably buy one of import builders infamous b20/vtec turbo packages. i hear the guy at IB.com is selling his personal h23/h22 vtec hybrid motor. i would LOVE to take a ride in a crx w/ that wild motor........drooooooooollllll

crj_lll
05-15-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by tenzoracerevovii
man just thinking about that kind of conversion gives you a headache. FF to AWD? inline-4 to flat-4? you think hasport might make mounts for this swap? :D yeah man. if you think about it, with all that money you just build up a h22a/b18c1 turbo. actually, you could probably buy one of import builders infamous b20/vtec turbo packages. i hear the guy at IB.com is selling his personal h23/h22 vtec hybrid motor. i would LOVE to take a ride in a crx w/ that wild motor........drooooooooollllll

Who has thie motor and where can I bget more info on the combination? I have been told it is not worth it because if you build an H22 with H23 internals, you will loose piston speed and thereby loose HP. Did he Loose HP or gain it as I suspected? :smoka:

ACURAmail.com
05-15-2003, 03:56 AM
it just wouldn't work. Two very very different engines!!

crj_lll
05-16-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by ACURAmail.com
it just wouldn't work. Two very very different engines!!

I am not sure you are correct since thety are the same engin blocks. They have different internals and obviously a VTEC head on one. But more like borthers then unrelated neighbors as you try to make them out to be. I am not saying it can be done, buit it is worth the question.

:smoka:

TheRebirth
05-16-2003, 01:23 AM
fwd->awd

have fun hacking away at the bottom of your car to make room for that awd system...rofl

it'd probably cost you the same amount of money to get the infamous 22b

sparq
05-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by crj_lll

I am not sure you are correct since thety are the same engin blocks. They have different internals and obviously a VTEC head on one. But more like borthers then unrelated neighbors as you try to make them out to be. I am not saying it can be done, buit it is worth the question.

:smoka: He was talking about the WRX motors and Integra motors - not both of the LUDE motors.

WRX could be done if yo uwanted to blow an insanely stupid amount of money. It would be cheaper probably to just buy a WRX and put an integra front end on it :devil:

SuperGreen95EX
05-18-2003, 01:05 PM
You would be better off converting your GSR to AWD. There was a Jspec AWD Integra in like 92 I think ( I can't remember the year) but it would be easier and cheaper by prolly a few cars). Do some searching I can't remember the designation of the teg but you can prolly find it if you look hard enough.

tenzoracerevovii
05-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by crj_lll

Who has thie motor and where can I bget more info on the combination? I have been told it is not worth it because if you build an H22 with H23 internals, you will loose piston speed and thereby loose HP. Did he Loose HP or gain it as I suspected? :smoka:

www.importbuilders.com
very reputable shop that builds very potent crate motors. i'm sure a lot of people on these forums have heard of them. i personally haven't dealt w/ them personally but their motors look very nice. check it out. you might be interested!

ssshhhh (_burn_)
05-19-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by bcsintegra
I don't know whether a WRX turbo motor will fit in it, because I want to go turbo, but it would be nice if I could get it from the factory like that? (HINT: Honda) Should I go with another B18C1 or with a H20 or H22A?

NEXT WEEK ON JUNKYARD WARS......

vtechwhat
05-27-2003, 12:35 PM
if you live anywhere in so cali and know of murrieta there is a 94-01 integra with a complete wrx engine swap with 4wd chasis and all that good stuff. he spent alittle less then 9 g's for the whole thing but it left some dents and primer spots he's gata paint other then that its nice. sure you can go with a b20 turbo or ANOTHER h22 turbo but why not go different and unique. being fast isnt always the main thing...you would have an awd integra those come few and far between.

Add your comment to this topic!