Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 grand prix replaced alt. now car no start & no elect power HELP!

vanwingen
02-28-2010, 02:05 PM
02 Grand Prix, 3.1L, the alternator shorted out and fried. Replaced alternator. Now car will not start and I have no electrical power. NONE! When you hook the battery charger to the battery the charger gauge goes ALL OVER THE PLACE when the negative cable is clamped to the negative batt terminal, BUT if you clamp the negative charger cable to the engine or frame the charger gauge stays constant. What could be my no-electrical power problem? BAD BATTERY? BAD FUSE? WHAT ABOUT A FUSEABLE LINK? where are fuse links located ????? please help dont know where to start - THANKS ! :crying:

rickisrad
02-28-2010, 07:49 PM
02 Grand Prix, 3.1L, the alternator shorted out and fried. Replaced alternator. Now car will not start and I have no electrical power. NONE! When you hook the battery charger to the battery the charger gauge goes ALL OVER THE PLACE when the negative cable is clamped to the negative batt terminal, BUT if you clamp the negative charger cable to the engine or frame the charger gauge stays constant. What could be my no-electrical power problem? BAD BATTERY? BAD FUSE? WHAT ABOUT A FUSEABLE LINK? where are fuse links located ????? please help dont know where to start - THANKS ! :crying:

Make sure the ground on the body and on the battery are in good condition. Trace the ground wire and make sure it is intact. also check your ignition relay to make sure it is pushed down all the way, as well as all of the other fuses.

tblake
02-28-2010, 08:40 PM
The fuse links are down near the starter.

Check the big fuses in the fuse junction box.

Add your comment to this topic!