Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dealer says new computer needed to program keyless remote, I think they are wrong..

hoover101
02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Lost original remote, ordered another on-line, tried to used instructions and couldn't get my '06 sequoia programmed so I took it to the dealer. Saw them try to reprogram but they weren't going by the instructions I had, another mechanic walked up and told 1st that yes, he was doing it wrong. Left it for a 3rd mechanic at dealership to work with, came back later to be told I need a new computer for $753. in order to make the remote work. Something isn't right about this.

ToyTect69
03-05-2010, 03:29 AM
where did u get that remote? Only the dealer can reprogram a new key for da transmitter control Unit..it wont work with any aftermarker remote..The dealer could've programmed ur keys no problem..They use the TIS (Technical Information Service) and their Techscream tool to do any job on all of toyota lexus and scion vehicles..if u hav any questions hit me up..

Onblsht
03-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Are you sure you have the correct remote for your vehicle?

Toyota has both a FACTORY remote type, and a DEALER/PORT installed remote type.

If you have a rectangle option slot on your dashboard with a red LED light in the center, surrounded by words like "TOYOTA SECURITY" - then you have the DEALER/PORT installed (RS3000 or RS3200) system and would need to order that remote type for your vehicle.

If you do not have the above mentioned option slot on your dashboard, you have the FACTORY installed remote system, and would need to order the FACTORY type remote for your vehicle.

Add your comment to this topic!