Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Not starting

Native3000gt
02-24-2010, 03:19 PM
:banghead: Today i got home and went to start my car up again. it would not start at all. i didn't sound like the battery might be dead. so i asked for a jump it started up then i got back and it didn't start again. so i cleaned up the battery terminals and the connections. looked at the gauge inside to see the amps that it was putting out around 13 to 14 amps was being put out before i turned the key. when i turned it it sounded like a "click" and i lost all power untill i disconnected the battery again and reconnected it. and happend again. Any idea's out there on what might be happening. I'm thinking it might be a bad Relay somewhere. not to sure though.:runaround:

Stealthee
02-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Dead cell in the battery.

Native3000gt
02-24-2010, 07:23 PM
going to check that out. i mean the battery i check with my Volt meter and it's pushing about 13 to 14 amps. might it be a bad relay?

Stealthee
02-24-2010, 07:39 PM
If it were simply a relay it wouldn't even start when being jumped.

The fact that it starts as soon as you jump it and runs fine, but won't start once you shut it off again means the battery has a dead cell. I have had that happen to me twice. Battery showed plenty of voltage, but wouldn't start the car unless jumped.

Threw another battery in and it worked perfect.

Native3000gt
02-25-2010, 10:42 PM
:iceslolanAlright finally got it.. got a new battery today slid it in.. man the car started Purring once again. thanks for the help guy's.. i'm pretty sure i'm going to have alot more questions once i get more mods on it. :rofl:

Add your comment to this topic!