Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

problems with 300zx

rodger86300zxna
02-23-2010, 02:39 PM
so i pick up an 86 300zx this weekend. while driving it home it ran out of gas twice!!!! gas gauge doesnt not work on it, long story about that. but the 2nd time it ran out of gas after i got gas in it, it started to run really fun to the point that i had to leave the car on the interstate last night. its like its not getting gas to the motor its real sputtery.when i first started it i tried to get all the air out of the line but it didnt want to rev up, so i drove it a lil ways and the whole time it sputtered i drove it like a mile while it was doing in, any ideas what the hell is going on? please help

Andrewhuffman
02-23-2010, 06:49 PM
did you run out because you didnt put enough in? or is it leaking?

check maf

rodger86300zxna
02-23-2010, 09:03 PM
well i cant tell you if it leaks or not i put 3 gallons and then i put 11 in it when i got it to the gas station, but i dont think it does, but then again for the shitty gas milage it might. im trying to figure out why it runs like shit i have a mech looking at it tomorrow so but to me it doesnt make sense why it ran like it did. but i was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem. i got to fix the gas gauge but im trying to figure how much money to put into the car. i like the look and the way it drives, but how much money is too much to stick into a car will 223k miles

consultIII
02-23-2010, 09:34 PM
well i cant tell you if it leaks or not i put 3 gallons and then i put 11 in it when i got it to the gas station, but i dont think it does, but then again for the shitty gas milage it might. im trying to figure out why it runs like shit i have a mech looking at it tomorrow so but to me it doesnt make sense why it ran like it did. but i was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem. i got to fix the gas gauge but im trying to figure how much money to put into the car. i like the look and the way it drives, but how much money is too much to stick into a car will 223k miles

if its twin turbo spend away...awesome car. Were expensive cars in there day almost same price as 350z is today. the 300z were high end cars made to compete with bmw.

I stop spending money on a car when the repairs bills are more that the value of the car itself.

rodger86300zxna
02-23-2010, 09:43 PM
nope its a 1986 300zx na vg30(e?) motor but the body is in great condition, im taking theres lil one quater size spot of surface rust. wire brush it off and its clean. need to replace the rear bushings but thats easy, i hope, done it on a chevy before so. the interior isnt that great but thats easy to do but as of right now im not sure if i have a job to go back to when spring comes i will know but i want to fix the car up. but i need a cage to drive until i can break the bike out so

consultIII
02-23-2010, 09:57 PM
nope its a 1986 300zx na vg30(e?) motor but the body is in great condition, im taking theres lil one quater size spot of surface rust. wire brush it off and its clean. need to replace the rear bushings but thats easy, i hope, done it on a chevy before so. the interior isnt that great but thats easy to do but as of right now im not sure if i have a job to go back to when spring comes i will know but i want to fix the car up. but i need a cage to drive until i can break the bike out so

was thinking the next generation for some reason. Still a nice body style...think they were 160hp or so. Does it have the digital dash? That body style was before my time at Nissan so didn't work on any.

rodger86300zxna
02-23-2010, 10:16 PM
no its anolog and stock new 160bhpm if i remember correctly. i guess i should see what the mech has to say and think about building a motor for it or find a motor out of another car, but yeah i dont know im stumped i got some mech skills but not a lot

Andrewhuffman
02-24-2010, 08:15 PM
those cars a re a dime a dozen where im form. no respect either.

Add your comment to this topic!