Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 dakota 4x4 stalling when stopping

loki_grins
02-17-2010, 05:30 PM
My 95 Dakota has started stalling when I come to a stop
when I slow down for stop sign or red light after engine warms up
the RPM drop to very low and the oil gage drops , if I don't double foot the gas and brake to keep the rpms up the engine will stall

Friend said perhaps tork converter .

any help appreciated

troy1
02-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Torque converter clutch would be more like a manual transmission that you don't push the clutch in "chug chug chug" when you stopped. Could be the IAC motor

gjwickline
02-19-2010, 05:46 AM
try cleaning the throttle body. they get dirty, a heavy black residue build up. remove air cleaner assy. use a toothbrush and a good carburator cleaner and remove all the black residue from bores in throttle body and the butterflys. it will be a little difficult to start first time, hold pedal to floor and crank. this should help alot

zzGUY46
02-22-2010, 02:40 AM
Check your battery. Your idle control needs steady 12 volts. Had it happen with 3 different Dodges.

jayson454
02-26-2010, 09:54 AM
try cleaning the throttle body. they get dirty, a heavy black residue build up. remove air cleaner assy. use a toothbrush and a good carburator cleaner and remove all the black residue from bores in throttle body and the butterflys. it will be a little difficult to start first time, hold pedal to floor and crank. this should help alot

i agree with this post if you remove your throttle body and look into it you should be able to see light around the trottle blades if not clean both throttle bore and idle air controll bore it is black thing on the back of the throttle body now ill explain what is happening when you let off the gas the carbon around the throttle blades shuts off all air before the idle air controll can catch up

Add your comment to this topic!