Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Zero Paints - Longevity?

TurboGuru
02-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Hi

Since November last year I have been using Zero Airbrush Paints - great products!

I remember reading on the label that the paint should be used within 6 months... otherwise the solvents will evaporate... however if this happens you can simply reintroduce some thinner to get it back to its normal state.

I would just like to know from the community if this ends up being the case.... has anyone had some zero airbrush paint for more than 6 months.... was it still perfect, ready for use?

or did you have to reintroduce some thinner?

Thanks.

klutz_100
02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I have quite a few bottles of older Zero paints.

The first generation plastic bottles evaporated quite badly but so long as the paint hasn't dried to a hard lump, I have been able to simply reconstitute it with thinners.

The newer generation glass jars seem to have addressed the evaporation issue quite successfully but since it is still the same paint inside, even if these begin to thicken up it should still not be an issue to re-thin them.

For thinning the paints I have used both Zero brand thinners and Gunze Mr. Color Leveling thinner.

HTH

TurboGuru
02-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I have quite a few bottles of older Zero paints.

The first generation plastic bottles evaporated quite badly but so long as the paint hasn't dried to a hard lump, I have been able to simply reconstitute it with thinners.

The newer generation glass jars seem to have addressed the evaporation issue quite successfully but since it is still the same paint inside, even if these begin to thicken up it should still not be an issue to re-thin them.

For thinning the paints I have used both Zero brand thinners and Gunze Mr. Color Leveling thinner.

HTH

Thanks klutz - at least I know they won't go to waste (can be restored). :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!