Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.
Clutch Master Cylinder
02-09-2010, 12:32 AM
I used to frequent af, several years ago, but have since forgotten that user name and password. It's good to be back. . .
. . .too bad it's not under better circumstances:
1. Been swearing for years that I'd never own a Ford.
2. Received an honorable discharge from the Army.
3. Needed a car.
4. Found '93 Ford Probe GT w/130000 miles for under $1000.
5. Bought it.
6. For the last few months the clutch master cylinder has been leaking brake fluid into my floorboard (about 1qt/week).
7. Purchased repair manual from auto-zone, which lacks proper instructions for replacement.
Question: Without tearing the dash apart, is it possible to get access to the nut(or clip) that holds the clutch master cylinder from inside the passenger compartment?
Any help/ideas appreciated!
02-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Use a flashlight and look on the clutch pedal if I remember correctly that's where it attaches to the shaft.
Automotive Network, Inc., Copyright ©2014