Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Radio help PLEASE!!

Lukebass24
02-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I have a 89 ford probe, and the radio doesnt work. When you turn it on the speakers turn on but the radio is blank and doesnt work, same story with the cd player. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated because silent car rides are boring. thank you

chevybowtie
02-06-2010, 02:12 PM
I have a 89 ford probe, and the radio doesnt work. When you turn it on the speakers turn on but the radio is blank and doesnt work, same story with the cd player. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated because silent car rides are boring. thank you

I am not a 100% sure without being there to see it otherwise I might be more help but check the antennae where it is mounted at! then check behind the radio and see if the antennae is connected same with the CD input. Let me know if you have any luck.

Lukebass24
02-06-2010, 02:32 PM
it should be connected because it has worked before, i recently had to replace a door on the car and i think that has something to do with it

chevybowtie
02-06-2010, 02:46 PM
it should be connected because it has worked before, i recently had to replace a door on the car and i think that has something to do with it

I kind of doubt it but you say that the radio has sound but just fuzzy?
Could be possible that when you took out the door you may have touched possitive and negitive wires together and messed up the radio?
Does the speaker in the replaced door work or is it completley blown? hard to say without being there... Let me know. Hey I just thought of something take the panel off new door and see if the wires back there are touching or anything...

Lukebass24
02-06-2010, 05:45 PM
im 90% sure the radio is blown, because i hooked the old door up again and that speaker worked but the radio was still doing the same thing. Thanks for all the help though

chevybowtie
02-06-2010, 07:55 PM
im 90% sure the radio is blown, because i hooked the old door up again and that speaker worked but the radio was still doing the same thing. Thanks for all the help though

Sorry I wasn't much help. It would be a little different if if I was there.

Add your comment to this topic!